Chapter 27

Another week had passed by, and Kat and Talen were now practically strangers. On top of that, she didn't know how to face her grandmother. The person who had been there for her when times were hard.

Her souffles were not rising properly, and her baking game was bad. Not to mention that, the important event was just 2 days away. Her cake was in the process of being decorated. She had to let her help take over just in case she screwed things up herself. 

Deciding to man the fuck up, she drove back to her place and went up to her nana's floor. Ringing the door bell, she prayed that her nana would forgive her. When she opened the door, they stared at each other. Until Katerina broke down in tears, making her nana huge her.

"I'm sorry I was such a bitch nan." she said through her tears.

"It's alright honey. Shh shh." Rosa hugged her precious baby tightly.

She knew how Katerina felt. Like she was being abandoned by the one person who promised to always be there for her.

"No, it's not alright. I was so rude to you, and I snapped." she sniffled.

Rosa brought her to the couch and sat her down. Kat leaned against her grandmother and continued apologizing.

"There's nothing to apologize for honey. I understand that you feel I've been ignoring you. But I haven't! My baby girl is getting so busy and I barely have time to see you. Things with Talen seemed to be progressing and I just didn't want to get in your way... the trip just made me worried."

"Nana, we both know I was out of line. Things with Talen have stopped.He told me that he was just using me cause I was hot and that he couldn't resist himself with me." she said and started crying all over again.

Rosa silently cursed to herself. The attraction and feelings between Kat and Talen were so obvious to everyone around them. 

"I'm sure he doesn't mean it honey." Rosa wiped away Kat's tears and stared at the brown eyes that lost some of it's passion.

"I can't bake for shit.. and I don't know if you've heard, we're doing a huge event n 2 days, and next week I have to fly to LA to try out shooting a tv show." Kat said.

"I heard it from the girls. What you should do, is concentrate on your passion. Talen doesn't want you? He's a stupid boy. His loss, just move on and you will find some other person." she tried to console Kat.

Rosa and her beloved husband used to be this way. Their love burned so hot that it blinded them when they were younger. One minute they were kissing like they hadn't seen each other in months, then they would be fighting over something stupid. In the end, they ended up together.

"I love you nan." Kat hugged Rosa.

"I love you too honey. You can stay here for however long you want. Your room is still available." Rosa told Kat.

She stayed there for the next two days. It was for the best, she decided. She didn't want to have to deal with Talen for a while. Her cakes were perfect and her mojo was back again.

On the day of the event, she and the girls were given strict protocols to follow. It was finally revealed that it was going to be an award ceremony, and the guest of honor was The President of the United States.

"Holy shit. The president is going to be eating our food." Bree said as they entered the facility of the hotel which was heavily guarded with the Secret Service.  They had to pass through several check points, all of which had metal detectors.

"Shit just got real." Claire whispered.

The girls prepped everything in the kitchen with their crew and with the help of the extra service people the hotel provided.