"Alright, one week, and you annul the seal of approval, drop the charges against the Fox Clan and leave.  I also have one more condition.  You sleep in another chamber, there will be no physical contact.  I also want that writing, signed and delivered to Di Jun within the next 10 minutes or I will ruin you and your family." he said, leaving her in no doubt that this was all he was going to give her freely and at the end of it, she could walk away with her head high.

"Alright, but I want respect Ye Hua.  You will spend your days with me, you will treat me kindly and make me a part of your daily routine until the week is up." she replied, that too was all she wanted.

Accepting the deal, they returned where a scroll, brush and ink were provided to her, and within 5 minutes, their agreement was sealed.

___________________________________________________________  

"He agreed to continue the trial alone with her?" Bai Qian asked, her voice small and quivering as her family rallied around her.

"Yes.  At the end of the week, she has agreed to leave and it will be over." Mo Yuan informed them with a small smile.

"Xiao Wu, this is the best way forward for you both.  It is the peaceful outcome you both need for this to end." Bai Zhen said rising to wrap his arm gently about her shoulders.  "It's only one week Xiao, and then it will be truly over." he said softly as they all joined in to voice the same opinion.

But she heard none of it.  In her mind Ye Hua had gone against what they had both tried so hard to prevent.  In her mind, Princess Mei had won.  

"But he is there with her alone." Bai Qian suddenly burst into tears before running from the main den to her chamber and slamming the door.  Throwing herself onto her bed, she cried, it was heartbreaking and soul destroying which could be heard by everyone in the main den.

Excusing herself, The Empress rushed to her chamber to sit with her and hopefully talk her through it.  Closing the door behind her, she moved to sit on the bed and as she gentle stroked her hair she talked to her, keeping her voice soft and gentle as she explained the reasons for Ye Huas decision, which she clearly saw.

"Qian Qian. Listen.  This is the only way forward for the both of you, and the only way to end it peacefully.  You know this." her mother said as she continued to stroke her hair softly.  "It is but one week, when it is over, you and Ye Hua will have an eternity together.  He made the decision with you in mind, surely you can see that." she soothed her gently as Bai Qian continued to cry,

But all she could see was betrayal.  "That bitch has him all to herself mother, I don't trust her.  What if Ye Hua falls in love with her?" she cried oblivious to her illogical statement.

Ignoring the cursing, her mother sighed lightly.  "Qian Qian, do you not trust Ye Hua? Surely you must know know his affections for you are stronger than that." she said softly before rising.  Patting her gently on the shoulder she told her to come out when she was ready, they would all be waiting for her to help her through it, before returning the main den to leave her alone with her thoughts for a while.

But she didn't understand at all, not after what they had gone through with that woman, then for him to turn around and go the complete opposite direction made no sense at all.  Not when Princess Mei had persevered through it all, then to actually win time alone with him, while leaving her out of the equation was nothing short of betrayal.

Crying inconsolably, Bai Qian vented into her pillow for a good two hours before the tears finally subsided enough.  She tried to see the positive side of it all, it's only one week, she thought to herself.  But then again, he had fallen for her after one day, one week was long enough for him to fall in love with that girl, she told herself before crying all over again.