Ascension

Lying side by side, as the new force of energy throbbed wildly about their bodies, the dark skies lifted above their heads and the Heavens glorified their transition with a spray of colors that joined the excitement as their families rushed to collect them.

It took Mo Yuan several seconds to disengage their tight grip on each others hands, but once done, they were both carried to his chamber where they were laid down next to each other to recover while the two families gathered to celebrate their rise to High Gods.

Joining them in Taichen Palace, The Skylord too, took a cup of wine, something he rarely indulged in, but to have witnessed a transition which many rarely got to see, and for it to be his own Grandson, he too could not hold back to excitement as they all celebrated in the memory of it.

"Well, if that isn't fate at work, then I don't know what is." Bai Zhi said laughing.

"Yes, they are indeed fated, it was written all over them from the start." Mo Yuan smiled as he took a small sip of wine.

"That is true. Though I do think they got away lightly, I would hardly call that an ascension trial!" Zhe Yan sniffed the air at them all.  His own trial had almost destroyed him, but all the same, he was happy Xiao Wu got off lightly.

Bai Zhi, too thought back to his own ascension trial, which was just as traumatic as Mo Yuan and Zhe Yans, though of the 4, Mo Yuans was the most traumatic, one he still refused to speak of and though he was smiling for his twin, they could all see his mind had briefly gone back before he quickly let it go again.

"Well now that, that's over and they have finally passed their trial, I guess we need to start planning a wedding." Bai Zhi said to the Skylord as the Lady Le Xu and The Empress entered.

"First the date, and then the preparations." Lady Le Xu said softly as she took a cup of wine and handed it to The Empress.

Taking the cup a sudden glint passed through her eyes as she looked at Di Jun.  Lying back looking thoroughly bored, she waved her hand about the air in front of her  Seeing what she had laid out in front of him, Bai Zhi Followed suit, along with Mo Yuan and Zhe Yan.

4 bottles of 1000 year wine lay on the table in front of him which finally broke the bored look.  With a small smile, and a twinkle in his eye, he quickly waved his hand over them and put them away much to the confusion of Lady Le Xu and The Skylord, though they were quickly filled in on the bet that they had taken to get rid of The South Seas Princess.

"Had I known, I too would have placed a bet." he said laughing as they all proceeded to get well and truly drunk.

______________________________________________________________ 

The following day.

Waking first Ye Hua opened his eyes slowly.  It took several minutes to acclimatize himself to his whereabouts but once his chamber came into view, his only thought was on Bai Qian.  Panicking, he thought she had been taken away, only to turn his head to find her still resting peacefully beside him.  Her energy was still throbbing around her, and as he took in the sudden change he noticed his own was also throbbing around him.

Immediately he understood, and as a wide smile broke, he could not hold back the laughter.  The past 4 weeks had been a mixture of pleasure and pain and to see the end result was more than he could take.  Through the laughter his tears fell as he realized they had both passed their trial together, a shared fate that had seen them go through immense stress and pain, but together they made it through, and to see her beautiful face lying beside him in his own bed knowing she would very soon become his wife, had him quickly rousing her.