Ramifications

Having spent a wonderful day in the Mortal Realm visiting the markets and then taking in a play, Bai Qian couldn't remember a more perfect day with her family and the man she loved ever. Having received new dresses, hair pins and a jade and opal necklace from Ye Hua, she returned to the den humming happily. Not even the sight of 'her' could take the joy from her smile as she ran straight to her bed chamber to go through her new gifts, the very first that Ye Hua had chosen and purchased for her.

"We're going to The Peach Tree Grove soon." Bai Qian told the Princess as the girl watched her from the small stretcher she was sitting on and taking in the lovely gifts that Ye Hua had brought her.

"Oh? I've never been there." she said quietly before lowering her eyes. It was the first time anyone had spoken to her for days, but seeing how happy Bai Qian was, she guessed that perhaps she had forgotten she wasn't meant to be talking to her.

Looking over at the girl sitting quietly and looking so pathetic, Bai Qian suddenly felt an urge to not only talk to her but give her a good talking to.  It had gone on for far too long, and the longer she stayed, the more uncomfortable it was becoming for all of them.  And as she looked at her, sitting with her head down looking so sad and so thoroughly tragic, she wondered why the girl was insisting on drawing out her own misery.  

And not only for the Princess, but her family too, who were also putting themselves through discomfort and all for her sake, it wasn't fair on any of them.  And though she knew her family loved her and were doing everything in their power to ensure her happiness, looking at the girl in front of her only made her angry,  it had to stop and so deciding there and then to do her best to bring it to an end even if it meant creating a strong enough story to do so, she would.

"Princess Mei, why are you putting yourself through all this misery? Ye Hua doesn't love you, he loves me. He personally approached my father to ask for my hand in marriage, nothing you do will change that." she said softly, hoping the girl would at least listen.

Princess Mei looked up at her with a small smile.  Having someone to finally talk to, regardless of the topic, she grabbed at it with both hands.  "Bai Qian, my father approached the Skylord before Ye Hua approached your father, marriage between us, was already agreed upon, as were the conditions, which have already been met, to pull out now, will not only embarrass Ye Hua, his Grandfather and the Celestial Tribe, but my Tribe too including my father. It is unfortunate that he had chosen to love you, but a political marriage has already been accepted by the sealing of the approval. This month is a mere courtesy." she replied somewhat haughtily that instantly put Bai Qian on edge and regretting she had said anything, but as she had already started the conversation, she was going to finish it.

Putting her newly acquired gifts to the side, Bai Qian rose to stand before her. "Do you have any idea what marriage to Ye Hua will be like for you Princess?" she asked softly, purposely keeping her tone gentle and as kind as she could and seeing as she had no reply, Bai Qian informed her in no uncertain terms as to what her life would be like.

"Not only will he gift you his own Palace, but you will never leave it. Xiwu Palace will be walled off completely, you will remain within its walls forever, never to see your family or friends, never to leave its walls as long as you live. And not only will you remain a prisoner of your marriage, Ye Hua and I will have our own Palace built and we will live together as husband and wife." she said smiling down at her now shocked face.

"Not only will I be living as his wife consort, I will be the one attending all engagements, meetings, functions and celebrations in your place, you will never see the light of day again. Now I'm not telling you this to be spiteful or to wish you harm Princess but think carefully because when Ye Hua becomes the next Skylord, I will be the one at his side not you." She continued ignoring the tears that were now raining down her face.