|| 16. the truth ||

mark's P.O.V.

my nerves were shaking, my forehead was sweating, and my stomach was having a queasy feeling in my stomach. i just screwed up my chances with the one girl that i wanted. needed. 

i was now home, up in my bedroom, contemplating the situation itself. my phone buzzed on the side of me and i picked it up. 

haechan: we need to talk

oh god no. but i didn't have a choice. i told him to come to my house and he agreed. i changed out of my uniform into some simple sweatpants and my favorite green hoodie ( that i forbid from anyone to wear ). a few minutes passed by of me just waiting until i hear a knock or the sound of the door bell. then eventually, the door bell rang. he's here. 

i rushed down the stairs and opened the door for him. he looked a little down, more than usual, but he didn't look mad. without saying a word, he instantly sat on the couch, and i did the same. 

"tell me what happened." he blankly said. 

i took a deep breath, regathering all the information, and i told him everything. 

"i was waiting for minhee because i was going to ask her out, but then euni came when i was alone. she flirted and i tried to stop, but you know euni, she never stops until she gets what she wants. i tried backing away but she trapped me and forced a kiss on me. i was taken by surprise and i couldn't move or do anything. i just froze. then minhee came, she saw us, and now..." 

i paused. 

"she wants to forget the whole thing. but i don't want to haechan. i like her so much, i can't screw this up. help me." i begged. 

he looked at me with sorrow in his eyes. he didnt say a word, he didn't move. he just sat there. 

"tell her that." he finally said. 

"tell her all of that. she deserves to know. she's not even mad at you mark." he ranted. 

"she's not mad?" i asked. 

"no mark. you know why? because right now, i just found out she has been played with and cheated on by thousands of boys. she's used to it. she's understanding. she's not mad because she didn't know what happened. so tell her." he went on. 

"dont do anything to her, don't kiss her, or date her. i know its not my place to say this but i can't afford to loose my best friend." 

i had no idea. how could anyone do that to a girl like her? but wait. I'm one of them. 

"i will." i stated. 

i have to fix this. 

***

after haechan left, i asked minhee to meet me outside her house. she texted me her address and I'm heading over there in a few minutes. I've been practicing what i am going to say to her for about an hour now, thinking of all the possibilities of what could happen. 

it was time to go now. i headed out the door with instead of sweats, with jeans on. i at least wanted to look okay when i see her. it took a few minutes for me to find her house but eventually i did. every step i took as i got closer to her door step, my heart beat faster and faster. my shaky hands took over the doorbell and i pressed it. 

a few seconds later, the door creaked opened, revealing minhee just behind it. she stepped outside and closed the door behind her, leaving the two of us alone on her door step. she was just in simple black leggings and an oversized pink hoodie that makes her look so soft and cozy. 

"please let me explain." is the first thing i said. 

"go ahead." 

i explained everything to her, just like i did with haechan earlier. i told her how euni took me by surprise, i told her how i was going to ask her out, and i told her that i didn't kiss back. i really didn't. 

"thank you for telling me." she said after i was done. 

"but, i just don't know if you like me anymore or if you ever did." 

she started to put her hand on the knob but i grabbed her quickly. she gasped as i pulled her by the waist, tightening my grip, as i looked into her eyes. 

"i do min-min. ever since you came here 2 weeks ago, you make my heart beat fast whenever i see you, your laugh makes me happy in 2 seconds, you make me nervous, you make my heart melt, you make me want to just kiss you all over and-" 

"mark..." she interrupted. 

"please! just one date. one simple date to prove to you that i can change, no funny business, i promise." i pleaded. 

"okay." 

"what?" i asked. 

"ill go on a date with you." she smiled. 

"wha- really?!" i cheered. 

i pulled her in closer into a hug, squealing on the inside. she agreed! 

we both let go and she fiddled with her fingers. 

"so you wanna kiss me all over huh." she said. 

"well yeah, and other stuff too." i said i nervously laughed. not now mark. 

she giggled, still looking at her hands and her cheeks were turning pink. i took her hands into mine and she looked at me with her big eyes. 

"tomorrow, casual clothing." i said. 

I already know what we're going to do, I've been planning for a while.