"YOU FILTHY IMBECILE!"
"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

Sans couldn't react fast enough to the yelling before the first blow landed upon his skull. By the time he managed to open his sockets, he was already sent toppling back into the snow, wrists jarring into the frozen sheet layered over the soil. The entire sentry post seemed to shake as Papyrus gripped onto one of the wooden beams to push himself towards his brother, gloved fist curling before being sent straight into the older's face. The well set crack that reverberated throughout his head was interrupted by the skeleton's furious words.

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT YOUR LAZY ASS IS NOT TO SLEEP ON THE JOB?"

Sans' sight adjusts and he sees the contorted face of his sibling red with a ferocity that could only be explained by that of an exceptionally bad day. He'd probably fight back if he wasn't fear stricken first. Being practically ambushed, he had no time to swallow it and channel his rage instead. This just so happened to be one of the moments of his utmost vulnerability.
"i-i'm sorry boss, it won't happen again- i was just- it was only for-"
And there he was stumbling over his words and cutting himself off from each one of his overused excuses. Trying to gain a bearing of himself through blurred vision, he scrambled backwards through the snow, only for his spine to be stopped by a tree trunk.
"SORRY WON'T CUT IT, SANS."

The shorter skeleton's soul dropped at the sound of the lowered growl. If anything was more terrifying than a screaming Papyrus, was a Papyrus that was suddenly willing to level his temper enough to cease his outward simmering. Frustration was the worst because that meant some part of him was stumped as of what to do, and if anytime there's a hesitation on plan, the resolution is always the infliction of pain. Sans hated cowering in that ominous shadow the other had formed over him, but he hated hairline fractures more.
"ABSOLUTELY USELESS."
Was all he said before Sans was swept off his pelvis, any words he may have needed to express cut off as Papyrus yanked him up by his collar.
The leather thing has become a part of him now. It's a symbol of weakness, of allegiance.
'YOU'RE TO ADDRESS ME ACCORDINGLY WHILST WEARING IT.'
A constant humiliating reminder that just so happened to aid as a convenience to Papyrus when he felt like choking him. Sans' feet were suspended in air, his hands clasped angrily around the taller's wrist. He was sure that his expression was a tantrum-inducing mixture of 'fuck you' and terror, but at this point, the damage was already destined to be dealt. Well enough, Papyrus' free hand enclosed around the strangling male's sternum, skeletal fingers applying the needed force in between the connecting ribs to shoot waves of pain throughout his body.
"papyrus, l-lay the fuck off."
"YOU NEVER LEARN."

Crick.
Sans suppresses a yelp as he feels his already bruised ribcage weaken in all the wrong places. Despite his hollow insides, it was ordained that the most uncomfortable, excruciating pain came when something was laced from within himself. Not to mention that Papyrus was bit by bit sending his one health point wavering, fluctuating as the single number threatened to plummet into decimal.

The intense glower boring into his mind began to blur as he heard the unnatural creak of his ossein shift his entire frame. Papyrus gripped harder, until a visible split was made within the connection of the chest piece and third rib. Sans sputtered as he felt himself slip temporarily. There was a reason for all of this. It's happened before and it will again. This was with plain necessity. His jagged teeth ground against each other as the agony seemed to have no proper way to react towards.

"SUCH INCOMPETENCE IS RIDICULOUS."

His fingers dug into the maroon glove and white spots danced across his vision as his brother showed no signs of letting up.
Papyrus was a sadist. This was what he was born for, though there was more to it. On a single occasion did the younger let it slip that suffering the punishment was only for Sans' good. Otherwise, the real pain would be inflicted on by the actual threats throughout the Underground, and no monster would stop until he was nothing but a pile of dust. This was especially vital for Sans to take note of with his mere one health point. If he didn't know how to fight back, he might as well have dug his grave. Papyrus seemed to stress that often. Sans partially understood that the unceasing nagging about his laziness was the stretch to get him to go out and train, perhaps being motivated to actually gain more LOVE, but his lethargy always kept him at bay. He's always been weak.

Just when he thought his bones would split into even halves all the way down his body, Papyrus let his brother slip to the ground. Hitting the ground with a snow-muted thud, he laid still, in fear that any movement might shatter him.

"I'M GROWING TIRED OF REPEATING MYSELF. SO KEEP IT UP, BROTHER. JUST SEE WHAT HAPPENS. I'M NOT ACCOUNTING FOR YOUR MISTAKES."

Sans could almost spot the darkened Underground ceiling, like an actual sky, but more gray.
"fuck you, huh? "

Papyrus was already walking away.