It sounded like he was forgiving me for not telling him, but I knew that would all fade when I told him they were his. I took a few deep breaths, steeling myself for the emotions that were about to fly.

I took one more deep breath and took my hand from his, securing it back around my stomach. "I didn't tell you because you're the father," I said before I could chicken out once again. I looked up at the blank expression on his face, but I could see the emotions flickering one by one in his eyes. "I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to feel obligated to come back. I didn't want to force this on you when it was my fault. I didn't want to drag you down before you could even start your life. I couldn't do it, Preston."

Once again, I was crying. It wasn't as hard as before, but my breath kept getting caught in my throat and the tears were streaming down my face.

Before I could really tell what was going on, Preston had gotten up and grabbed my face in his hands. He wiped the tears from my cheeks but made sure I was looking at him. His face was hard and emotionless but his eyes showed everything he was feeling. There was hurt, surprise, caring, anguish, betrayal, excitement, anger and love. I just sat there silently until he figured out what he wanted to say.

"Angel, I cannot tell you all that I'm feeling and thinking right now," he finally said, his voice soft. "I'm angry as fuck that you didn't tell me that I was going to be a dad or that you didn't tell me you had your suspicions before I left for Texas. I'm hurt that you didn't trust me enough to listen to what you wanted if you told me you were pregnant. I would've wanted to be back here with you, but I would've stayed back there if you wanted me to. You should know me better than that, Riles.

"Yes, I'm furious with you right now, and I may not like you at the moment, but I will always love you." He leaned over and kissed my forehead before pulling back and looking me straight in the eye. "No matter what emotions I have toward you, I will always love you. You're my best friend and the mother of my children and I've known you nearly all my life. I love you and there's nothing that would change that, even if you lied to me about the biggest thing that could possibly ever happen to us."

"I'm sorry," I choked out, trying to hold the tears back. "I'm so sorry, Preston."

"Hey, did you just hear me?" he wondered, a small smile on his lips. "I love you and I forgive you. O'Reilly, I've been in love with you since we were in the sixth grade, maybe even longer. No matter how hard I try to stay mad at you, I can't. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and there's no way I'd give you up because I happen to be angry for a few hours."

Had he just told me he loved me? As in more than friends? As in the way I've loved him?

"Did you just say you love me?" I asked, slightly bewildered.

He smirked, "Riles, I've always loved you." His smirk slipped off his face. "I just never said anything because I didn't want to get rejected and ruin our friendship."

I couldn't help it. I started laughing. I took Preston's wrists in my hands and just closed my eyes and laughed. After a few seconds, I opened my eyes and just smiled at him. He looked confused as all hell at my little outburst.

"Preston Lynde, I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember, I just never said anything either," I admitted. A smile slipped onto his face as he realized why I had been laughing. "Good Lord, we're idiots."

"Yeah, but we're idiots together," he said. "That's gotta count for something."

I nodded. "Yeah, I guess it does."

Before I could say anything else, Preston's face was a hairbreadth away from mine and our lips were fused together. I took no time to move my lips with his and wrap my arms around his neck. His lips were slightly chapped from being in dry weather for nearly a year, but they were gentle on mine and loving.

We would have stayed like that for another ten minutes if there wasn't a knock on my door and the sound of someone clearing their throat. We jumped apart and Preston quickly sat back in the chair that was next to my bed.

My cheeks reddened when I realized it was Mason who was standing in the doorway. He gave me a slight smile like he understood, which made me relax back into bed. I would have never forgiven myself if I saw a look of hurt on his face. I was grateful that Mason understood where our somewhat relationship had stood this whole time and that he knew I needed this now. Mason was going to make some lucky girl very happy one day.

"Hello, O'Reilly,' he said smoothly, still standing in the doorway. "The doctor said she'd be in here shortly to check your dilation again. How's the epidural treating you?"

"Wonderfully," I admitted. "I haven't felt a contraction in nearly an hour."

"Good, hopefully we can get you delivered soon before the epidural wears off." He smirked at me good naturedly.

My eyes widened. "Don't even joke about that," I warned, just imagining the type of pain I'd be in if the pain medication wore off.

He laughed. "Just kidding, you should be fine. But, you're family's back in the waiting room, if you wanted to know."

"Thanks," I said with a smile. He nodded before walking away.

I turned my head toward Preston. "Do you want to go say hi to your family while the doctor comes in? It's really not that interesting."

He nodded. "Yeah, I totally forgot about that during all this," he said, motioning around us. He stood up and kissed my forehead. "I'll be back soon."

I nodded and he left the room, leaving me in peace and quiet for a few moments before the doctor came in. She checked me quickly and said I was ready to deliver. Per my request, she called my mom, Lily and Preston in from the waiting room to be with me during the birth. When they came in, Lily had tears in her eyes and she was holding onto Preston's arms tightly. She finally let him go so they could stand on either side of me.

A few nurses came in with two of the little crib things so they could put the babies in there after they were born. The doctor propped my legs in the styrups and pulled on a new pair of gloves.

Mom stood near my waist, her hand resting on my knee reassuringly. Preston and Lily stood by my head, Preston on my left and Lily on my right, each of them holding my hand.

After forty-five minutes of pushing and excruciating pain despite the epidural, my two babies were finally born. My son was born first and his sister was born fifteen minutes after. I think I nearly broke Preston's hand and told him I hated him for putting me through that probably fifty times. Once it was over though, I loved him again for giving me the two most amazing things in the world.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Woah, finally got chapter 19 out. I apologize immensely for the long wait. It would've been up a week ago, but I got my iPad and laptop taken away -_- So, massive thank you to all my fans and readers that wait for this and actually stick with me even though I sometimes update once a month o.0 Again, I'm so sorry for the long wait. I promise the next chapter won't take nearly as long.

--Nikki