V. XM

{this book is ending in two chapters i hope you all suffer}

Xu Minghao

when soonyoung doesn't show up at the shop at eleven the next day, minghao knows something is wrong.

he knows he hadn't actually upset him the day before. soonyoung fidgets with his hair and the rings adorning his fingers when he's upset. and he certainly doesn't smile. a man comes into the shop and flirts shamelessly with minghao. he is horribly handsome, and normally, minghao would blush and act coy, but instead he keeps one eye fixed on the front of the store.

"i take it you don't know where soonyoung is either," minghao's head snaps up to face the man in front of him. "you're minghao, aren't you?" he nods. "you know, soonyoung is practically in love with you, it's honestly pretty annoying. he usually comes to the dance studio, rambles about you, then leaves to see you. he didn't come this morning; i was hoping he'd just be here with you."

it clicks in minghao's head. "jun?"

the man smiles. "the one and only. so, you like him too, or what?"

minghao blushes. "n-no, of course not. he has a girlfriend, don't you know?"

"yeah, who he despises," jun speaks as if it's obvious, and minghao feels stupid suddenly. "look, it used to be 'jisung told me i looked awful today...jisung told me she hates my friends because they're gay and in love...' but now it's 'yesterday minghao said...today minghao and i are going to...'. you're most certainly on a higher pedestal than she is."

"that doesn't mean he's in love with me," minghao points out, and jun rolls his eyes.

"listen, kid. either that boy is in love with you, or you've taken my place as his best friend. and i'm only willing to accept one of those and not the other."

"don't call me kid. i could be older than you, for all you know."

"i'm his hyung and he's always talking about how you never use honorifics with him. trust me, i'm older."

minghao stares ahead blankly before shaking his head. "no. no way. he doesn't love me, and he hasn't replaced you as his best friend. he's straight, first of all, and second: he wouldn't do you dirty like that without asking for your permission first."

"he told me you were a genius, but you're acting like a complete idiot!" jun throws his hands up. "he's at least bi, you hear me? he's a dancer, for fuck's sake. no male dancer is straight. that boy walks into a room and everyone's gaydar goes off. except yours apparently. yours must be broken."

"not every male dancer is gay!"

"listen, hun. i suck dick for a living and chan likes to wear skirts. you and soonyoung are no exception."

"where else might he be?" minghao decides to completely ignore jun's words. "if he's not with you or me?"

"i don't know, the coffee shop, maybe? i had chan stop by his apartment, but he wasn't there either."

"you go check the coffee place," minghao suggests. "maybe he'll turn up around here later."

jun nods. "will do. shoot me a text if you see him to let me know he's alright, please?" minghao makes a face, and jun laughs. "oh, right. i forgot you were anti-tech for a moment there."

"i am not anti-tech!"

"whatever you say, hun. just have soonyoung text me or something, okay? gotta blast," and with those final words, jun is out the door.