"see you in third dustin!" i waved. boy was he great. stop (y/n)! you can't like him. this goes against everything papa told me. but i couldn't help but smile. max looked at me suspiciously.

dustin's pov

all throughout history i could not stop thinking about (y/n). her hair, her smile, her voice, and her personality. i had only talked to her for a little while but i already really liked her. she was kind and very very pretty.

"dustin!" ms. inkwod (idk??) called, "care to join us?"

i sat up, "yes ms.inkwod, sorry," i apologized.

———— lunch time ————

your pov

math and gym class were easier than i thought they would be. especially gym. while playing dodgeball i would just teleport the balls into my hands, when people weren't looking of course. an easy win! but now it was time for lunch. seeing as it was my first day i didn't have many friends. except for dustin and this girl named bianca that i met in math. i walked into the lunch room confused as hell. i've never seen anything like it. sure the people in the lab got me ready for things like this but it's different when you're actually there.

i stood at the the door looking like a complete idiot. luckily no one was looking at me. i heard my named being called by a familiar male voice. i followed the sound with my eyes and saw dustin waving at me. i smiled. he called me over.

i waved at him, "hey dustin!"

"wanna sit with us?" i looked around. it was only him and lucas. he noticed my confusion, "the rest of them will be here soon." i nodded and sat down.

"hi (y/n)," lucas awkwardly said. i had completely forgot he was even there.

"sorry! hey lucas." he gave me a half smile. right after max came and sat next to lucas.

"maxine"

"(y/n)." the air was now very tense. max started whispering to lucas about something. i paid them no mind. i sat up when i saw the rest of the crew show up. they sat down in disarray.

"who is she?" mike said rudely. will nudged him as if he was telling him to be nice.

"this is (y/n)," said dustin. i gave a shy smile. "(y/n), this is mike, will, and ele-jane. her name is jane." he hastily recovered. i was only half paying attention because i already knew their names so i didn't notice his mistake until later.

"hey, i'm (y/n), but you just figured that out," i nervously chuckled. mike looked disapproving. jane's face held a tiny smile and will just smiled and waved.

"so (y/n)," max started, "you looked pretty lost when you walked in. why's that?"

"how would you know i looked lost, maxine"

"one, it's max, and two, i was in the lunch line," she pointed to a line of people, "i saw you from there." looks like she kept her promise to watch me.

"i was homeschooled, so this is new to me," i said without thinking.

she took a bite from the disgusting looking burger in front of her. food in the lab looked better. "mhm" she hummed.

"yep." i gave a thumbs up.

"(y/n)." someone else said. great who else wants to interrogate me. i snapped my head around. it was mike.

"what's up?" i sounded as friendly as possible.

"why are you here?" he spat out.

"mike!" eleven quietly scolded. he didn't listen.

"because i'm friends with dustin?" i said in a 'duh' tone.

"you're not welcome here. so don't get too attached." and with that he got up and left.

"sorry, about him," eleven apologized and ran after him.

"he's like that. he'll warm up to you." lucas chimed in.

max looked away, "he still hasn't warmed up to me."

——————
getting flirty with dustin 😉 jkjk
semi-filler chapter. remember bianca she'll be important soon.
love ya,
aaliyah 💘
[word count: 1,226]