Chapter Ten

~Mira's POV~

Age- 18

I had no idea what Lord Hokage was thinking, letting all the rookie genin take part in the chunin exam. It was too early, they hadn't undergone very many missions to be ready for such a task. Already, other genin from other villages had shown up to take part in the exams. The sun began to set as I made my way through the village on my hunt for Naruto. I wanted to wish him good luck, the exams were starting in the morning, and I owed him celebratory ramen.

"Mira-sensei!" A familiar voice sounded from behind me and I turned curiously to see Tenten, running toward me.

"Hey, Tenten." I smiled as she came to a skidding halt next to me, "What are you up to?"

"Just finished training with Neji and Lee. We wanted to get in a last-minute session before the exams tomorrow." She looked a little nervous. "Mira-sensei, how old were you when you passed the exams?"

I'd passed with Itachi, we were two of the youngest to pass. "Eleven."

"Really?! That's two years younger than me." She looked momentarily relieved, but then a disturbing thought must have crossed her mind, "But you're really strong, aren't you?"

"I had a great team, we helped each other. So long as you and your teammates look out for each other, you should be able to overcome most obstacles. Just trust your teammates and help each other."

"Was it really tough?"

"Well, I was fast enough to get away from anything too scary. Though I did see a snake and fainted in the second phase of the exam." I laughed, Itachi had to carry me through the second exam. "My poor teammate had to carry me for most of it."

Tenten looked surprised at this, "You fainted?"

"I don't like snakes." I shivered.

"Why didn't you run away?" She laughed.

"I wanted to but my body didn't really listen to me."

Tenten looked like she was feeling much better about the exam, "Thanks, Mira-sensei. It's nice having a kunoichi to talk to."

"You can talk to me anytime." I offered her a warm smile.

"Thanks, Mira-sensei." She waved before heading home, just as I sensed Naruto's presence up ahead.

I raced in the direction I'd sensed his presence and smiled as I found him pacing in an alleyway with a chunin exam application form in his hand. "Hey Naruto, what do you say to that celebratory ramen, I owe you?"

He nearly jumped out of his skin as I appeared behind him. "Mira-sensei!" His grin was bright and nearly crippled me.

"What you got there?" I pointed to the application in his hand.

He displayed it proudly, "The application to take the chunin exam!" His bright blue eyes were filled with excitement and wonder. "Did you say, ramen?!" He was so excited he hadn't even heard me mention his favorite food.

I ruffled his spiky blonde hair, "Come on, my treat."

We headed for Ichiraku, his favorite ramen place as the sun fully set blanketing the sky in stars and giving room for the moon to rise. The night air had a slight chill to it and I pulled my orange silken kimono closer around myself as we headed for the ramen shop.