Chapter Seven

~Mira's POV~

Age- 18

I woke early on Saturday morning, showered and got ready for the day. I was planning to check up on Sasuke today, he'd asked me to help him with some of his fire style jutsu. At first when I'd started checking in on him, after the attack, he was irate, he instantly hated me after remembering I was close with his brother. He lashed out at me and told me to leave him alone, but after a few months, he'd started to warm up to me, whether he could sense the torment I was in after Itachi left or that I really only wanted to help him, I wasn't sure.

I pulled my long auburn tinged blonde hair into a messy bun atop my head leaving my bangs to fall in my eyes and frame my face on the sides before slipping into my usual black backless bodysuit, a pair of black shorts and a bright orange silken kimono top with a black collar and sash around my waist.

The Uchiha territory within the village was still like a ghost town, no other families moved in after the massacre. I had asked Sasuke to move into town and offered to get him his own apartment, but he refused. He was already waiting for me, in our usual training grounds, hurling kunai and shuriken at various targets, imagining Itachi's face on each one.

"You're early." I yawned as I appeared behind him causing him to jump and miss his mark, he turned on me with a scowl.

"You're late."

"You're in a sour mood today." I frowned, "What's wrong?"

"I need to be getting stronger, I need to perfect these fire style jutsu, so I can-."

"Get revenge on Itachi." I finished his sentence with a sigh and a shake of my head.

I caught the kunai flying toward my face and dispelled the paper bomb attached to it before throwing the irritable pre-teen a sardonic look. He had Itachi's dark eyes, but where Itachi's hair was a dull ashen charcoal color, Sasuke's was a darker black and he kept it short and unruly where as Itachi had grown his out and wore it in a loose ponytail down his back.

"Why don't you hate him too?" Sasuke snapped.

"Why should I?"

Sasuke hurled another kunai and I allowed it to pierce me in the shoulder. He stared at me with wide eyes.

"Does that make you feel any better?" I asked him with a sigh.

"Why didn't you dodge it?!"

"You really seemed to want to hurt me." I shrugged as I pulled the kunai out of my shoulder and tossed it back to him so that it landed at his feet. "I'm not sure why all the girls at the academy are at each other's throats to get your attention, you may act cool at the academy, but your personality could really use some work."

"Shut up!" Sasuke snarled, but there was a hint of remorse in his dark eyes, he hadn't really wanted to hurt me.

"The anniversary is coming up." I commented quietly.

"Yeah." Sasuke sounded deflated, his anger burning away into sorrow.

"After training today, I'll help you clean the graves, we can get flowers too, if you want."

He bowed his head, but decided not to try and argue with me. Being a member of the Uchiha clan, Sasuke had already mastered his fireball jutsu before he'd even entered into the academy, he wanted to learn other types of fire style attacks, his goal being to get stronger than Itachi.