Chapter one - Drown me in Oblivion

" hyung?.. "

" earth to hyung "

Hoseok didn't realize he was deep in his thoughts, the events of last year still haunting him till today. A lot had changed in that year.. Hoseok's pain still takes control of him, suffocating him whenever a chance of happiness appears. He'd constantly have dreams of his son. Well.. nightmares mostly. Harshly waking him up to toss him into a state of fear.

But that never stopped him from keeping his one last promise to him, the promise he made as he watched his loved ones bury his son deep into the ground.

He promised to never let a day pass him by without visiting Haneul, without updating him of every day his father spent in his life. Despite Hoseok knowing that haneul might've already seen it all from above, he did it anyway to keep his sanity secure.
However the updates weren't the only words that came out of him.. Hoseok would always end his speech with a sincere apology, begging for forgiveness from a dead corpse.. still in belief that it's his fault, his guilt to live with till the end.

What Hoseok realized is that his state affected others around him badly. His family felt worried sick.. specially his older sister. They would always check up on him whenever they had time, go far and beyond just to bring back their "Sunshine"; however, the sun never returned ever since that sunset.

And society sucked indeed when most of his friends gave up on him after the constant attempts to heal the redhead. Hoseok felt more panicked than back-stabbed when he realized that this might happen with his family. That they would leave him without short notice to drown in his own sorrow.. but no matter how much it hurt him to make this choice, he took a deep breath and walked down that path.

He chose to push them away, not to fully break contact with them however. He barely spent time with his loved ones, perhaps he never wanted to pull them into his misery; thus, he chose to keep it to himself.

They all eventually got the hint and chose to support Hoseok no matter how wrong it seemed for him to walk that path, but as long as he still existed, that's all that mattered to them.

Hoseok craved for happiness, craved for a taste of it but every time his mind flashes a picture of his son, he'd laugh bitterly. Almost as if he knew that it would happen, which would once again, yank him a few steps back from his happiness, from his old self.

A loud bang suddenly pulled Hoseok back to reality, a startle would be a lie to describe the redhead's reaction

A loud bang suddenly pulled Hoseok back to reality, a startle would be a lie to describe the redhead's reaction. The young man almost had a heart attack. As he gathered himself together he looked up and his eyes met a box shaped smile and squinted eyes. His smile was contagious; therefore, Hoseok couldn't hold back a smile himself.

" welcome back hyung " the grey haired guy chuckled, earning a sarcastic laugh from the older.