What was I supposed to do? I was supposed to be a shadow, always watching but never seen or heard and in the first hour my cover had been blown. I caught her little fist in my hand careful not to hurt her but knowing if she kept swinging at me and her hits kept getting faster I'd not be able to dodge them.

"Minato-sensei, ah, Lord Fourth sent me."

"You're onii-san's friend?" She tilted her head to the side cutely as she pondered this information before fixing me with a hard stare with her crystal clear cerulean blues.

"There you are, Mira-chan don't do that." Kushina panted as she appeared in the alley before throwing me a curious look, "Oh, Kakashi, what are you doing here?"

"He said onii-san sent him." Mira piped up as I released her fist from my hold once I was sure she wasn't going to keep swinging.

Kushina sighed as she figured out what Minato put me up to before smiling, "Come on Mira-chan, you're interfering with Kakashi's mission."

"Mission?"

Kushina extended her hand to the child at my side. She disappeared from sight appearing at Kushina's side in an instant and accepted her hand. "That's right, I'll bet your brother gave him an important mission to watch over us."

"Eh? But I'm watching over you onee-san." Mira pouted.

"Well someone needs to watch over you too." Kushina smiled and I watched as Mira contemplated this information before beaming at me.

"Okay! Let's play again, Kakashi-nii."

"S-sure." I watched them continue with their shopping feeling a little staggered by the whole ordeal. How could I have been found out so soon? Did Minato-sensei not tell them? Was he going to get in trouble for putting me up to this?

Trying harder to keep myself hidden, I followed them sticking to the shadows. Mira's senses were incredible, no matter where I'd hide after a moment or two her gaze would flick in my direction and she'd wave at me or stick her tongue out childishly, but she always knew where I was hiding though didn't try to catch me as she had the first time.

She looked like an ordinary little girl, in her cute little baby blue dress spattered with animated kittens and foxes and her auburn tinged blonde hair pulled into two high ponytails looking almost like little cat ears poking through her hair, but she wasn't an ordinary little girl. Save for Minato-sensei, I'd never seen anyone move as fast and I didn't think she was using Minato-sensei's trick, which meant she was probably faster.

After their shopping was finished, they returned to the house, I stationed myself in a tree nearby after a quick check of the perimeter. Not too long after I nearly fell from my perch as Mira appeared at the base of the tree and extended a bento box upward.

"Kakashi-nii, it's lunch time!"

I looked to the kitchen window to find Kushina giggling.

"Ah, that's okay-." I cut off as I noticed a pout forming and sighed as I leapt from my perch and landed swiftly next to the child, "Thanks Mira-chan." Reluctantly I accepted the bento, expecting her to leave after her delivery, but she was watching me expectantly.

I opened the bento. It wasn't as neat as I'd have imagined, it appeared someone had tried to make something out of the rice though I wasn't entirely sure what it was supposed to be.

"I made a kitty!" Mira beamed proudly.

Ah. That explained it. "It's nice."

"Can we play after lunch?" She asked me hopefully.

"I'm not supposed to be playing."

Mira frowned. "You're supposed to watch me. Wouldn't it be easier to do if we were playing?"

Kushina was laughing obnoxiously from the kitchen, her laughter trickling out the kitchen window.

"I guess so." I sighed in defeat.

"Yay!" Mira grinned before grabbing me by the hand and pulling me into the house.

I soon found myself sitting at the dining room table with my strange kitty bento in front of me, Mira glued to my side and Kushina still cackling in the kitchen. My first day, and I'd failed my mission so profoundly, I had no way to explain it to Minato-sensei.

The front door opened and I groaned inwardly as Minato stepped through the door with a smile, "Sounds like someone is having fun." His gaze flit in my direction and he tried to hold back a laugh, "Caught so soon?"

"Onii-san!" Mira squealed happily and vanished from my side so fast her chair hadn't even moved and in the next moment was jumping into Minato-sensei's arms.

Kushina stopped laughing long enough to reply, "I think she found him in the first hour."

I felt my face grow red at this, she found me within the first ten minutes.

Minato's dark blue eyes widened at this, "Is that so?"

I nodded, "Sorry, I failed you, Minato-sensei-ah-Lord Fourth."

"You didn't fail." Minato laughed as he carried Mira to the dining table, "I just didn't expect her to catch you so quickly." He released his hold on the child as she started to wriggle out of his grip before gluing herself to my side once more, claiming the chair beside me with a grin.

We all sat down to the table to eat the bento Mira had made for us, she'd tried to make an animal for everyone, but they were all quite deformed and impossible to discern what they were supposed to be. Why did Minato assign me to watch over them?

Video-  "Glitter and Gloss" By Skott (because this is where I ended up in youtube narnia, and i wasn't disappointed hahaha)