Chapter One

A/N: Images used are just found from google searches (unless otherwise stated as fan art given to me).. I don't art well

Additional A/N: The first few chapters are going to be in the past and will be in Kakashi's Point Of View, don't worry I'll get to Mira's POV when she's older, so bear with it for a few chapters please :)

~Kakashi's POV~

Age 14

Minato Sensei had called me to his office, I wasn't very well liked in Anbu and ended up killing more enemies than necessary which was bad for gathering intel. Maybe I was in trouble. It was hard for me to hold back. I slowly knocked on the door to the Hokage's office.

"Come in."

"You wanted to see me Minato-sensei- ah, Lord Fourth." I needed to remember to stop calling him Minato-sensei.

My gaze flit to the man sitting behind the desk, the man I respected more than any other. He was a kind man with gentle dark blue eyes and messy blonde hair. He offered me a warm smile, a smile I felt I didn't deserve. I'd let my teammates down, earned the moniker of Friend-Killer Kakashi, and just seemed to be failing at everything else in life since.

"I'm going to remove you from your current mission."

"Was there an issue?" I asked wondering if the other Anbu operatives I was working with had filed complaints.

"It's nothing like that, I have a special mission for you. It's more like a top-secret errand." Minato amended, "Kushina's pregnant." His smile was bright, he was overjoyed.

"Oh...congratulations."

"I'd like you to guard Kushina and Mira from any incident."

"Mira?"

"Oh. I guess you haven't met Mira before." Minato laughed, "She's my kid sister, she lives with Kushina and I." Minato's parents, like many others had died during the Third Shinobi World War.

I hid in the shadows, concealing myself completely as I followed a young woman with long bright red hair and a child of six with auburn tinged blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Her eyes were lighter in color than Minato-sensei's and reminded me of crystal clear waters and sandy beaches. They were doing some shopping and after their first stop I tensed as the child turned and looked right at me. She tugged at Kushina's green dress lightly.

"Onee-san!"

Kushina turned her dark eyes to the child at her side, "Eh, what's wrong Mira-chan?"

I darted away to a different alley quickly, how did the kid see me? She frowned cutely as she noticed I'd disappeared, "He's gone now."

"Eh?" Kushina looked around the semi crowded street, "Who?"

"The boy in the mask." Mira replied before scanning the side streets, her gaze fell on me once more, "Ah! There he is!" She flitted away from Kushina's side, disappearing from sight in an instant and I felt a fleeting sense of panic as I lost my mark, I was supposed to be protecting them!

"Mira-chan!" Kushina yelped as the child vanished from sight.

"Got you!" Her mousey voice squeaked from behind me and I turned in time to avoid a small fist flying in my direction. "Why are you following onee-san?!" Another fist, moving much quicker than the first flew at my stomach as she wasn't tall enough to reach my face.