10

It was a Saturday, Friday was horrid. Tobias had slept away the pain, it lingered still but was not as overwhelming as it was days before. Tobias had showered, changed and was in bed when a knock sounded.

'Tobias, I wanted to take you out today. Can I come in?' Professor Snape. Everyone would be at breakfast, he timed it well.
'Yeah.' Tobias lightly spoke, the door opened and his looming figure entered.
'You've changed your clothes, what's the occasion?' Tobias let his eyes fall on the man who had a thick black jacket on, a tight shirt underneath as well as black trousers. Tobias didn't even want to begin on the black boots.
'It's because we are going somewhere, my robes will make the activity a little difficult.' Severus leaned against the door.
'Oh, where are we going?' Tobias stood and went over to Professor Snape.
'You'll see.' Such a father thing to say.

Tobias went with the man nonetheless, he was led into the headmasters office who wasn't absent due to his presence at breakfast. Together, they stepped into the fireplace and stepped out into abandoned mill. Tobias didn't question the man as they arrived into a dry terrain. They kept their pace until they came into view of a cloth covered lump. It looked like a vehicle, which it was, a dirt bike to be exact.

'A dirt bike! What are we doing?' Tobias immediately perked to the Professors satisfactory.
'We. Are going to teach you, how to ride one of these.' With a mouth hung open he took the helmet and placed it on.
'This is going to be amazing.' Tobias whispered.
'It's also going to get me killed by your mother in the afterlife, but that is hopefully not for a while.' Tobias laughed at the mans joke, the bike was started and Tobias forgot everything.

After Severus had went through safety regulations and charmed this bike with every safety protection charm he could possibly think of, they began to actually ride. Only after an hour of watching Professor Snape handle the bike, did the man himself let Tobias take over.

'Left, no left that was right. Okay- to far left now go a bit right. I said a bit right are you trying to get us killed boy!' Was what penetrated the thick helmet as Tobias took a grip to the controls.
'Well you screaming down my ear is making my hearing very selective.' Tobias yelled to behind him.
'Watch out for the rat thing!' What was happening to this man. Rat thing.
'You mean the desert mouse.'
'Whatever!' Tobias swerved low.
'I said watch out, not nearly kill us but peeling our skin off.' Tobias turned his head around.
'Well would you rather us hit the floor? Or me kill a mouse.' Tobias glared at the man, predicting his answer.
'The mouse!' Severus gestured to where the mouse was.
'And that's why people think you're evil.' Tobias sassed.
'You become more like your father everyday.'
'I thought you'd be happy I'm becoming you.' Tobias enquired.
'No, I meant your biological father.'
'That makes sense.' Tobias turned only to see the tree in front of him.

They came into contact: the bike flipped over and they pair landed roughly on the ground. Severus had remembered about Tobias and the boys safety, this led him to forgetting his own protection. So as Tobias sat up rubbing his head from the slight ache, Severus was on his back groaning in pain. His jack was ripped at the side and his was covered in dust and sand. He had sustained no injuries, so they decided to go back to the castle. Tobias entered that castle on a better mood then which he had left the castle, he felt ready to take on the problems and sort things out. His Godfather left to clean up before the feast and Tobias decided now would be a good time to seek out Harry.

He turned down many halls, his brother would be in a study period with Professor Mcgonagall unless he had finished early. Then Tobias remembered this was his brother, not Hermione or himself. He waited at a window ledge, seating himself with a view of the courtyard. Older students sat playing chess at the fountain, Tobias liked to criticise people so mentally he pointed out each players mistakes. He heard approaching footsteps, with a quick glance he saw Seamus who smiled at him and came over.

'Hey Tobias, what are you doing here? You weren't in school most the day.' He placed himself opposite the raven headed boy, his Irish accent was kind of cute, Tobias couldn't dismiss that.
'I know, Professor Snape took me out the castle so I could let off some steam. Cool down, that way I wouldn't lock myself in my room. I'm actually waiting for Harry.' Tobias propped his head on his arm.
'So, you aren't waiting for Malfoy? I'd have thought so, you two being a thing and all.' Seamus awkwardly smiled, Tobias dimmed at the mention of Draco.
'Actually, he ended it.'
'Really? Scared of his father, finding out that is.' Seamus clearly wanted to ask Tobias out.
'No, I acted out. He had complete reason to do what he did. In a way, I'm kind of glad he did. Don't get me wrong, I loved being with him. It's just, really difficult to hide it and people not get suspicious.' Tobias wondered if he is growing up to fast, surely these are conversations for those of older ages.
'I get that, and I was actually wondering. I know it's been a few days, and rushing into something new seems tacky on your behalf- but if you'd like to be my...' Seamus trailed off slightly.
'Yes. As tacky as I'll come across to others, yes.' Tobias smiled at the Irish boy. Let's hope Draco doesn't hate him even more now.
'Great okay, ah, this feels weird now.' Seamus went red and started sheepishly laughing.
'I know, I mean we can be open about it. This is going to be completely different to what I'm used to.' Tobias sighed as he pondered in new possibilities.
'Yeah.' Tobias looked up at Seamus through down faced position.

In silence they sat, it was not awkward Tobias thought, not comforting like Draco's. Just, nice. Tobias liked nice. He hadn't felt nice in a while. The study group came down the hall and Tobias saw his brother.

'Harry!' Tobias yelled out, his brother turned and looked shocked.
'What?' Harry was distant, Tobias took in a large intake of breath.
'I'm sorry. For not consulting you, it was wrong. I understand your point of view, and how this would make you uncomfortable. Just wanted to, let you know.' Tobias nodded to Harry, then walked away.
'I'm sorry as well, maybe we can start over. We're brothers after all.' Harry called out.
'I'd love that.' Tobias called back to him.

'Tobias.' Draco whispered.
'Draco, what are you doing here? I thought you didn't want to speak to me?' Tobias furrowed his eyebrows.
'You were under a lot of stress that day, so I may have overreacted. So...third time lucky?' Draco fiddled with his fingers.

Oh dear God. Can he please have one normal day?