8

Tobias had quickly explained the conversation to Draco during the lesson, the Professor took no notice if he had a class or not, so talking wasn't a problem. The blonde boy smiled when he mentioned not wanting to dump him for Seamus, Tobias didn't want to miss-lead people. He liked Seamus, just not like that, maybe if Draco and himself didn't work out then he could date Seamus. If he still liked boys, which he probably would by then. He was sat by the tree again, the people had wanted him to tell them what Professor Snapes middle name was. As if he would say something like that, he folded a plain parchment that had a fake name written in it. He climbed up the tree, once he was certain that he could not be spotted. He waited. And waited until ten minutes before curfew. Three boys came up to the tree, Tobias leaned forward and almost gave himself away.

He relocated his footing and gritted his teeth shut, he was not going to believe this. Not now, not ever, they seemed so nice. So- so tame. It made sense, when Tobias thought about it, this was right up their alley. The smallest boy lifted the rock and pulled out the parchment, he unfolded it and read aloud.

'Henry. Severus Henry Snape...that doesn't sound right.' They all laughed.
'No, it doesn't.' Two spoke at the same time.
'Do you think they lied?' The smallest spoke up again.
'You know what?' One began.
'I think they have.' The other finished.
'I You wonder why a Potter was put in Slytherin boys.' Tobias dropped from the tree, startling the trio.
'Tobias.' They all chorused.
'I actually thought highly of you. I thought you all my friends, now I see I'm mistaken, I feel like a punishment is in order.' Tobias twirled and swaggered off, a little to much time with Draco perhaps.

The three ran after the retreating figure, begging for mercy, that they were only having fun. It was when they approached the outside of the Slytherin common room, Tobias finally spoke up.

'No, you can blackmail me all you want. I don't mind explaining to your mother what the situation is, I'm sure she will understand. I mean, we do have a connection after she spent some weeks looking after me during the first few years of my life. Molly will be more than happy to talk to you.' Tobias spat at the twins who had been using him.
'No! Anything but our mother. We are sorry, just not our mum!' Fred and George were horrified at the prospect of a howler, or worse a personal visit.
'Suffer.' Tobias flashed a sweet smile and shut them away.

He stormed up into his dormitory, by now he knew when Draco followed him and when he didn't. So he kept his door open so the boy would shut it after himself, he threw himself under the covers and did not speak to Draco.

'Tobias, what happened? I'm your boyfriend, Toby. Tell me, please.' Draco was desperate, one thing Tobias was, was stubborn.
'Fine, I'll be back.' The door shut and Tobias lifted off the covers.

He wasn't crying, he was angry. Tobias wanted to break something, hurt something but he didn't. Tobias couldn't ever hurt something without purpose, he'd rather suffer then hurt something out of spite. With wave of his wand he was dressed and ready to wash away the anger, the hatred. This was of course when Professor Snape wanted to enter.

'Mr. Malfoy informed me of your mood. Talk.' He sat down at the edge of the bed and didn't utter another word. So Tobias spoke.
'Someone saw me and Draco kiss in the hallway so they kept asking stupid questions, my middle name, what your middle name was. I lied and said Henry.' Tobias let it all out, somethings are better shared with Severus then Draco.
'Did you find out who it was?' With a nod of his head Tobias slumped, he couldn't believe it though.
'Fred Weasley, George Weasley and Lee Jordan.' Tobias kicked at his sheets so Severus folded them back up and placed them at the edge of the bed. Clean freak. He was becoming such a father.
'And?' How he knew this wasn't the end of the story was beyond him.
'I'm going to owl Molly in the morning about them, she'll probably want to yell at them. I saw that as sufficient punishment.'
'I've never been so proud.' The man laughed slightly.
'Thanks.' Tobias mumbled.
'Come here.' Severus moves up closer to lay beside Tobias.

Why did all of these personal things happen? Word going around he was Slytherin heir, three people now knowing about him and Draco, Harry had began to ignore him again after that incident with the message on the wall. Tobias knew his brother had not been having it easy, but this was worse for him. He'd rather be dealing with impersonal things than this, everyone loved Harry, not many loved Tobias. People did talk about Harry being heir, however the Slytherin Potter took favour for most the school. It got late into night before Tobias felt remotely tired, still the Professor was next to him. Somewhere during all this he had sat up and pulled out a book, not that Tobias had noticed. He was in thought, he had duelling club tomorrow.

After the attack Gilderoy Lockhart had decided it was best for a self defence class, Tobias hoped for a better teacher, like his Godfather for example. Unfortunately he wasn't Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, that fake blonde fraud was. So he would have to suffer, he wanted to go to watch him fail. Half way through he might go and practice Quidditch, he just hoped he could play against Gryffindor. One of the chasers hurt themselves during Charms, so Stephen was on the team. Usually he wouldn't cheat, or play foul, but this boy annoyed him. So he would be taking a club and firing a bludger his way.

'Did Draco tell you he made chaser?' Severus spoke up.
'What?' Tobias choked out, Draco hadn't said a word.
'You also have new brooms, Nimbus 2001.' Severus turned a page, Draco was keeping things from him. Or the whole team was, was he last to know.
'Anything else?' Tobias was shocked.
'Yes, I was going into the ministry and was thinking if you'd like to take on my name. If I could, legally adopt you. With Blood magic and all, that way, you'd be more protected.'