Protect Me

Jack's POV-

I was woken in the middle of the night to my phone ringing loudly. I extracted myself from my sleeping girlfriends grasp and went to take the call in the kitchen.

"Hello?" I say sleepily.

"Hello? Is this Seán Mcgloughlin?" An official sounding man said on the other end.

"Yes sir it is."

"We have some rather bad news of the case of Evan Sanders. He escaped prison last night and we have a hunch that he is coming after either you or Y/n L/n. Do you know where she is?"

"My girlfriend? She is asleep right now. She was sick so I'm trying to get her to rest. Do you have any idea where Evan escaped to?"

"No sir. The best we can do for right now is to get you both to come down so we can put you in protective custody. As soon as you can get here, you will be safe."

"Uhhh... um... ok we will be there as soon as we can."

"Thank you sir."

I end the call, standing in a stupor for a moment. In a flurry of sudden movement, I rush down the stairs and burst into Mark's room.

"Mark, get up. We need to go down to the police station."

"What... why?" He says tiredly as I flip the switch to turn the light on. I see Mark sitting up in bed, hair mussed.

"Evan escaped the prison. The police want to put me and y/n in protective custody."

His chestnut eyes widened, and he scrambled out of bed.

"Ok, let me get dressed. I'll wake the others. You get y/n."

I nod, sprinting out of the room and up the stairs. I quietly open my door and rush to y/n's side.

"Angel, come on. We need to get up." I say softly as I shake her shoulder. She groans and shifts, sitting up.

"Jack? What? Why do we need to get up? It's 3 in the morning."

"Evan got out of jail. We need to go to the police station."

I saw her beautiful eyes widen, and her body began to shake.

"I knew it. I knew he would come back for me. He's gonna kill me... he's gonna kill me..." She trails off, hugging her knees to her chest and shaking violently. I grab her shoulders and kiss her. Her shaking immediately terminates. Pulling away, I stare into her eyes.

"He's not gonna lay a single hand on you. Me, mark, Ethan, Tyler, Felix, and the police are going to keep you safe, ok? You just need to get up and get dressed."

She hesitated but nods and jumps off the bed. She rushes into the bathroom with a pair of pants and one of my hoodies, letting me change into some pants and a T-shirt. After a moment, as I pull my T-shirt down, I hear the door open. I turn around and see y/n approaching me with fear in her eyes. She stops right in front of me, staring up at me. I grab her and pull her into my chest, hugging her as tightly as I can. Tears begin to flow from her eyes and wet my shirt. My chin rests on her head and my hands glide along her back as I try to comfort her. Her arms are curled against her chest. I pull away a little so that I can lift her face to mine. I kiss her as passionately as I can, feeling her body still shaking silently from the tears running down her face.

"No one is going to hurt you, Angel. Not even Evan." I whisper as I hold her chin. She nods, and I put my hand in hers. We rush downstairs to find three sleepy men standing near the door. I motion them to follow me, and we rush out to the car.

"I called Felix. He's gonna meet us at the police station with Marzia." Mark says. I nod and back out of the driveway, driving down the street as fast as I can.

When we got to the station, Felix and Marzia were just inside. They both immediately went to y/n's side. Marzia introduced herself, but I could hear nothing else of the conversation, as an officer pulled me to the side.

"Thank you for coming sir. We now have a lead of where Evan Sanders has gone, and we are following it now." I nod, then watch as he turns to address the others. "If you would all follow me."

We follow the man to a back room, sort of like a lounge, where he leaves us. I sit on a couch and lean forward, my elbows on my knees, rubbing my temples. I'm so overwhelmed by this whole thing. Y/n still has a cough and a little bit of a fever hanging around, and she had already collapsed in exhaustion next to me.

"Hey, Jack." I hear her whisper. I sit back and wrap an arm around her.

"Yeah?"

"You ok?"

I sigh and nod, to which she gives me a skeptical look.

"You don't look ok? Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm just a little overwhelmed, Angel. Don't worry about me. Let's just focus on staying safe right now, ok?"

She nods and leans her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes and sighing.

"Thank you, Jack. I love you."

"I love you too Angel."