Should I?

Jack's POV-

Shocked awake to a crash from the bathroom, I notice the empty spot beside me, meaning y/n isn't here. I quickly push myself out of the bed and stumble to the bathroom. I knock softly on the closed door until I hear retchcing and soft crying. Pushing open the door, I see y/n collapsed over the toilet, dry heaving and crying with a arm across her stomach. A bottle of stomach relief pills have been spilled across the floor. I kneel next to my sick girlfriend and rub her back, pulling her hair away from her face to keep in from dragging in the toilet. She looks up to see me, which makes her cry more.

"Jack, I don't want you to see me like this. I don't want to seem weak." She cries softly.

"Angel, you are anything but weak. You are one of the strongest people I know and I love you. I will always be here to help you when you are sick."

She smiles softly, then maneuvers her body so that she is leaned up against the tub. I make sure she is ok before turning to calmly clean up the mess of pills. I toss the bottle into the trash can before turning back to my angel. She smiles at me weakly, and I smile back, wiping her mouth to clean her up. I snatch a hair tie from her wrist and tie her hair back into a ponytail. I pull her onto her feet slowly, walking her back over to our bed.

"We need to replace your shirt ok? Let me grab you one of mine." I say as I kneel in front of her. I pull open a drawer beside me and pull out one of my shirts. She lifts her arms, letting me pull the dirty shirt from her body. I slide my shirt over her head, letting her adjust it. As I throw the shirt into my hamper, I put my hand onto her forehead, feeling the elevated temperature. I frown and hug her to my chest. She sighs contentedly before breaking out into a coughing fit. I rub her back before rushing back into the bathroom. I look for a fever med and fill up a little cup with water. I wet a washcloth and rush back to y/m's side. She has begun shiver, and I quickly make her lay down under the covers. She takes the medals and groans as she holds her stomach. I drape the cloth over her head and kiss her cheek, crawling back in beside her.

"You'll be ok, Angel. If you need something wake me up. I'll be right here."

I hear her grunt cutely and snuggle into my shoulder as I have my arm wrapped around her waist.

Sick or not, I would not want to replace this moment for anything.

-time skip

Next morning, I had to slowly extract myself rom the sleeping beauty's arms so that I could go make breakfast for everyone. I cooked up some pancakes and bacon, setting the table for the others. I then grabbed a tray for y/n's breakfast from the cabinet, carrying it upstairs to where I found y/n awake and propped up slightly. She smiled at me, her face paler than usual and gladly took the breakfast.

"Good morning, beautiful." I say as I kiss her cheek. "How are you feeling? Any better?"

"A little. I'm not as cold, but my head is still a little warm and my stomach is finicky. I'll try to keep this down. It looks delicious. Thank you."

"Your welcome. Let me go grab a thermometer so I can check your temp."

She nods and I rush downstairs to the kitchen. I rustle around in the medicine cabinet as Mark, Ethan, and Tyler walk into the room.

"Morning Jack, thanks for breakfast." Mark says. Glancing over my shoulder I say a quick welcome, before returning to my search. "What are you looking for?" Ethan asks.

"I need my thermometer. My girlfriend probably has a fever or the flu or something."

"Oh, ok. Who's your girlfriend?" Tyler says.

As I find the thermometer, I casually answer. "Y/n. Enjoy breakfast." I rush past the dumbfounded men with a smirk on my face and run back up the stairs two at a time.

Y/n isn't on the bed as I enter, yet her half eaten breakfast sits on the nightstand. I again hear retching from the bathroom, making me rush back into the bathroom. She is again bent over the toilet, throwing up the breakfast she just ate. I gently pull her hair out of her face and tie it up. Rubbing small circles into her back, I calming whisper to her. After she finishes throwing up, I guide her back to the bed and change her shirt again. I stick the thermometer in her mouth and wait.

When it beeps, signally it's finishing, it says she has a fever of 101. Setting the thermometer off to the side, I kiss her forehead.

"Get some more sleep. It might help your fever break, ok? I'm gonna go downstairs with the guys."

She nods and snuggles back into the covers, falling asleep almost immediately. I wait beside her and rub her back until she begins to snore quietly. Chuckling, I tip toe out of the room downstairs. Where I find the other guys cleaning up the breakfast stuff.

"Thanks guys. I'm a little out of it since y/n is sick."

"Aww, stomach bug?" Tyler says.

"Fever , maybe the flu. It's not too bad, but she can't keep much down. I'll need to listen out for her. But, in the mean time, wanna play some games?"