Chapter XIV

"Move out of the way!" The sound of someone's voice yelling enters my ears as I begin to recover my senses. "Give her space!" They add.

The throbbing pain was still there but it was starting to subside as I slowly open my eyes. I let my eyes wonder around, trying to take in my surroundings.

"Misses Hathaway, are you alright?" Augustin asks with a worriedly look on his face.

I slowly nod my head. "Yes," I finally answer as Clifford carefully helps me sit up. "Thank you." I tell him.

"Would you like us to call an ambulance, take you to the hospital?" Aleandra asks and I shake my head.

I take a look over her, thoroughly scanning her every feature but now, taking a closer look at her, she was not Jessie.

Her blue eyes were a darker shade and her brown hair fell in straight strands.

"No thank you," I answer. "I'm alright, just a bit fatigued."

"Are you sure?" Another model asks and I nod.

I turn to Clifford and Augustin. "We should probably get started." I state as I begin to stand up.

Augustin and everyone else protests against it.

"Misses Hathaway, I think it is best that you rest. Augustin and I can take care of this." Clifford suggests as he motions me to remain seated.

"No, it's alright, I am alright." I assure once more. "Girls, let us continue!" I announce.

I stand up and take a seat ignoring Augustin and Clifford's protests.

"Here are some crackers and some water," Mary states as she sets the food in front of me. "Are you sure you are alright?" She asks.

I nod for the millionth time. "Yes." I answer.

Not everyone was convinced but either way Aleandra takes the stage again and starts her strut down the runway. I tried to focus on the models but there was a question that kept nagging my mind.

How did I know what Jessie looked like?

I've had dream of her, vague memories but her face would always be blurry, never as clear as when I looked at Aleandra. I run my temples trying to clear my mind and focusing but I couldn't.

"Here comes Samantha!" Augustin points out.

Samantha was one of Dante's greatest models. Augustin was really ecstatic when he heard she would be trying out since he always wanted to work with her.

Her beauty was astonishing.

"That's a yes for me." Augustin states.

Clifford rolls his eyes. "She hasn't even modeled yet." He responds.

Augustin shrugs and watches Samantha strut down the runway flawlessly. She pulls her famous modeling pose and that gets Clifford on board. Her crystal blue eyes were her best feature which made every fashion company want her to model their clothing.

My phone begins to ring and I look up with an apologetic look. "Excuse me one moment." I state as I stand up while Clifford and Agustin make sure I was alright to be on my own before letting me go.

"Hey beautiful," Kenneth's voice greets me as I answer the call.

A smile spread on my face. "Hey hubby, how's work?" I ask.

"Boring, I miss you." He replies causing my heart to flutter.

"I miss you, too." I reply.

"Your Dad just called me and told me that the party is being held on February fourteenth," Kenneth states.