Chapter III

"What happened? Did they find anything?" I ask.

Kenneth nods. "They found the DNA of someone else in the car. There was a third person with you guys that night." Kenneth replies.

"That means Jessie's murder was with us that night meaning—"

"Whoever that person was framed you," Kenneth finishes. "They made it look like you caused the accident and killed Jessie. And whoever they are, they are walking around knowing they murdered my sister!"

Kenneth's eyes cloud with anger as his jaw clenches. I wrap my arms around him before I feel Kenneth trembling and I feel something wet on my shirt.

"I'm sorry for blaming you." Kenneth apologizes. "I was such an idiot! I blamed you when you were innocent."

I lift his face from my shoulder and wipe away his tears. "You were hurting and I cannot hate you for that. I forgive you, although there is nothing to forgive you for. I love you Kenneth." I connect our lips and kiss his lips softly. "How about we go ice skating?" I suggest.

"Ice skating?" Kenneth asks and I nod. "Well, I've never gone ice skating so if you want to watch your poor husband humiliate himself in front of a bunch of people—"

"I'll show you!" I reply excitedly. "C'mon please?" I beg giving him my puppy eyes.

"Alright, only for my beautiful wife." He states as he pecks my lips and I smile.

I interlock our hands and we walk out of the office. We climb into the car and drive to the hotel.

"Good morning mister and misses Hathaway," the receptionist greets. "We have your condo ready."

She hands us the keys and we thank her before walking towards the elevator. We press the number to the eighteenth floor. We walk into our condo and I am amazed.

"Do you like it?" Kenneth asks and I nod.

"It's beautiful," I reply. "I am going to go change real quick and I will be right back."

Kenneth shows me to our bedroom and I quickly change into a white knitted turtle neck sweater, blue skinny jeans, black boots, and beige trench coat.

"You look great!" Kenneth compliments and I smile. He places his hands on my hips and kisses me. "You ready to watch me humiliate myself in front of hundreds of people?"

"You won't humiliate yourself." I assure. "Come one hubby."

Kenneth and I walk out of the condo and clim into his car. Kenneth drives to the ice skating rink at the Rockefeller Center. I turn the radio on and Rather Be starts playing.

"We're a thousand miles from comfort, we have traveled land and sea," I sing causing Kenneth to smile. "But as long as you are with me, there's no place I'd rather be." I point at Kenneth as I sing those words.

"I would wait forever, exalted in the scene
As long as I am with you, my heart continues to beat." Kenneth sings back causing me to smile.

I dance in my seat as the song continues.

With every step we take, Kyoto to The Bay
Strolling so casually
We're different and the same, gave you another name
Switch up the batteries
If you gave me a chance I would take it
It's a shot in the dark but I'll make it
Know with all of your heart, you can't shame me
When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be
N-n-n-no, no, no, no place I'd rather be
Ooh ooh
We staked out on a mission to find our inner peace
Make it everlasting so nothing's incomplete
It's easy being with you, sacred simplicity