14. Almost Persuaded (Choust)

** This chapter is going out to my Choust loving follower: osikasim

********

Tim sat at the bar tearing the label from his beer bottle. He had told his husband that there was a possibility that he would be late coming home. 

Which wasn't a lie. They had planned on having an employees meeting after work. But the meeting was canceled at the last minute.

He sits at the bar and thinks about his marriage. He and Chance had only been married for four years. How could it have gone so bad in just four years? 

No, they didn't fight or argue. They rarely talked at all. The romance was gone and he didn't know what to do about it.

Maybe going home would help but he needed this time to think.

"Is this seat taken?" A female asks.

Tim glances around at the beautiful blond, fakes a smile and shakes his head.

"You look as if you could use some company." She says with a flirtatious smile. "I'm Jenika."

"Tim." He answers and shakes her offered hand. "Just got a lot on my mind."

"Well, maybe if we dance it would take your mind off your troubles for a while." She smiles.

She was gorgeous. A blond, blue-eyed beauty. Beautiful smile and ruby red lips.

'Just one dance wouldn't hurt', Tim thought to himself.

"Sure, why not." Tim says as he finishes his beer.

"Great." Jenika smiles as she takes him by the hand and leads him to the dance floor.

She slid her arms around his neck as she moved into his arms. 

Tim swallows a hard lump in his throat as she presses her body to his. She hums softly into his ear as they slow danced. She was definitely working her charm.

Tim tried his best to keep the thoughts of where this could be leading out of his mind. He fought the urge to kiss her. Her lips were more than just inviting.

After they had danced a few dances, they walk back to the bar for a drink. The bartender hands them a couple of beers.

"Thank you." Jenika whispers as she rubs her hand slowly up Tim's leg.

Tim sighs as he glances down at her hand.

"You know. We could take this to my place." She whispers as her hand crept higher.

Tim's throat had suddenly gone extremely dry. He reaches quickly for his beer. That's when he saw it.

His wedding ring.

"What am I doing?" He mumbles to himself.

"What?" Jenika asks.

"I'm sorry, but this ain't the answer to my problem. I have to go." Tim says as he stands up and pulls some money out and lays it on the bar.

"She's a lucky lady." Jenika smiles. "Yes, I saw the wedding ring." 

"It's not a she." Tim says shaking his head.

"Oh." Jenika says, quite surprised. "Well, he's a lucky guy."

"Thanks. But I'm the lucky one." Tim smiles, turning and leaving the bar.

Tim takes a couple of deep breaths after pulling into the drive way to calm his nerves.

He walks in and closes the door behind him.

"Tim?" Chance calls from the kitchen.

"Yeah, it's me." Tim answers as he walks into the kitchen. He's shocked to see his husband's red puffy eyes. 

"Tim, we need to talk." Chance says as he slowly sits down at the table.

"Okay?" Tim answers quietly as he too sits down. He found himself holding his breath. Did someone call Chance about the girl, Jenika? Was he fixing to ask for a divorce?

"I have to tell you something. I wanted to tell you last night but .. but I just couldn't find the courage." Chance says as he wipes his eyes.

"Okay?" Tim says as he swallows the lump that had risen again in his throat. "What is it?"

"You know I met Austin and Adam at the club yesterday for a few drinks." Chance says.

"Mhmm." Tim nods.

"Well... there was this girl there. She asked me to dance. I didn't see any harm in it, so we danced." Chance says as he mindlessly turns the salt shaker round and round. "I kissed her, Tim. God, I'm so sorry. But I swear, that's all I did."

Chance sobbed into his hands.

Tim sit quietly for a couple minutes thinking about what Chance had confessed.

"Chance, maybe I should tell you about my day." Tim says as he reaches for his husband's hand. "You know I called you to let you know that I would probably be late. That we had a meeting after work. That was no lie. But the meeting was canceled at the last minute. I know things have not been that great between us. So, I needed some time to try to think so I stopped at the bar for a beer. A girl sat down beside me and said that I looked like I needed company. She asked me for a dance. One dance turned into three. When we went back to the bar, she asked me if I wanted to go to her place. I'm ashamed to say that for a split second, it actually crossed my mind."

"What stopped you?" Chance asks as a tear rolls down his cheek.

"When I reached for my beer, I saw my wedding ring. I saw your face with the same hurt in your eyes that I'm seeing right now." Tim says softly. "That's when I realized that I had everything that I ever wanted waiting for me at home. I didn't need to go looking elsewhere."

Tim reaches out and wipes the tears from his husband's face.

"Chance, Sweetheart, I love you so much. Whatever is wrong in our marriage, we can fix. I believe you still love me." Tim says.

"I do. I do love you." Chance nods. "More than life."

"We've let the fire go out in our marriage. We've got to get that blaze going again." Tim says with a pleading look. "We can't let the romance die."

Chance suddenly reaches across the table grabbing Tim by the back of the head, pulling him out of his chair and half-way across the table. He crashes his lips onto the lips of his unsuspecting husband, kissing him passionately.

Breaking the kiss, he turns loose of Tim allowing him to fall back into his seat with a very stunned look on his face.

"Wow." Tim says as he tries to catch his breath. "That's a good start."

***********

VOTE & COMMENT PLEASE!!