#123: The Vampire Diaries AU

Start from the beginning

Michael:

"I'm not sure if this is a good idea." You took the small steps forward into the living room, almost too afraid to get any closer. It was like everything had been increased, things seemed bigger, everything felt clearer. It was stressing you out to the biggest and it wasn't helping when you spotted Luke standing in front of the couch. Michael stood with his arms crossed watching the scene in front of him with an unsatisfied look on his face. He didn't like where it was going but nobody wanted to listen to him. Calum held your hand carefully and guided you, assuring that nothing was going to happen. "Cal, I can smell the blood running through his veins." You looked at Luke trying your utter best but the thirst was coming first. No matter how many times you thought about something else you couldn't avoid looking at Luke if he was a snack. "I can't hold it back." "You just have to believe it, Y/N. Don't let the blood get the control of you." Michael shook his head by Calum's words and tried not to interrupt, biting down on his bottom lip in worry. Luke looked both scared but also secure at the same time. He thrusted Calum, he was after all one of the oldest. He knew what was going on and he knew what to do in case of stuff like this. "You're just new at this. You just need to train to make sure no injuries happen. Remember. Luke is your friend." No matter how many times you repeated Calum's last words about Luke you couldn't help but shutting your eyes a couple of times. You could hear everything. His heart pumping for more blood and you could literally taste it. "I, I can't." You almost wanted to cry but in the end the cravings for blood filled more. Your movements were so quick Calum didn't get the chance to react before you were ready to dig your teeth into Luke's neck but Michael was. He had been watching and waiting for this exact moment to happen. And he knew just exactly what to do. Pulling you away from each other Luke grasped onto his neck with wide eyes, feeling Calum pull him away. With Michael's fast movements he was quickly to push you away and into another room, smacking the door afterwards. You were breathing heavily and feeling your fingertips dance over your lips where the dark red color was dripping down from the skin. "Oh my-, Oh my god, I hurt Luke! Michael I hurt Luke." "No you didn't hurt him. Calm down." Michael seemed a bit stern but also had a gentle side, deciding to grab a napkin and dry your lips from the blood. "You barely dug your teeth into him." You looked at him with your head shaking. "I can't do this. I'm a monster." "Yes you can't, don't be like that. You just need to control it." It was easy for him to say he had years of practice. You knew you had to think logical, he had gotten through it but you just thought it was impossible. "Hey, look at me." He grabbed your chin gently and made you look up at him. "I believe in you, okay? I believe that you can get through this. You just need to control the lust and your target. That's the way forward." He gently caressed your cheek and waited until your breathing came back to normal. This was a new life that had started for you and if you didn't get the control of it it was going to hunt you for the rest of your life.

Ashton:

"Old books and fiction stories? Are we seriously going through all of this just to figure out what is going on with this werewolf curse?" Ashton didn't look pretty impressed about the surroundings. Old bookshelves covered in cobweb along with books older than his own vampire years of age didn't seem to catch his attention. He rather wanted to go outside and do something else but volunteering for help also included this. "We need to see what is going on. It could be dangerous for all of you." You looked over your shoulder after checking the first shelves, watching Ashton sigh heavily. "Couldn't we just get a witch to figure this out?" Ashton asked the question more to himself than you and Michael, "I mean, it would save us some time." "We could have asked a witch if we knew a witch." You responded without looking at him, it was enough his leather jacket was almost reflecting in the daylight. Ashton scoffed by your words and looked between the books next to you, almost knocking into you in the process. "You know, there's plenty of spae for you too." You nodded your head towards the shelf next to Michael. "But I choose to stand by this one." Ashton looked down at you with his hazel eyes and nodded his head down at you, "I mean, considering my powers against your human ones you aren't really the fastest to read the titles." You almost wanted to bite down on your lip and looked over at Michael for help. He looked back at you with a face that said he wasn't going to interrupt your discussions. You always had these kind of arguments they never seemed to end and nobody ever wanted to participate. You just kept on going like you were hating each other for life without an end to it. "Seriously Ashton, just move." You didn't want to push him but you just tried a bit but couldn't get anywhere. With his strength he looked at you as if you were just a small feather. "Don't look at me like that." You spat and tried to focus back on the books, "I don't like that smirk of yours." "You don't like anything about me yet I'm still constantly here to help your ass." He replied back, not expecting a sneaky comment from you and you held it in. You wanted to find the book in quiet and peace, not wanting to hear Ashton's voice anymore. Puzzles came from the door making Michael and Ashton look towards it with their quick hearing, and a gasp came from their mouths. The librarian was standing with an arrow ready to shoot towards your direction and if it wasn't for Ashton quickly standing in front of you it would have hit you right in the chest. "Oh my god." You whispered, watching Michael hunt her as she tried to escape. "I told you." Ashton said as if he was in serious pain and tried to reach back to pull the arrow out. "I save you as much as I possibly can." You didn't know what to say other than just stare at him with wide eyes and a wide mouth open. "Consider it me taking a bullet for you beautiful." He commented and leaned back to finally reach the arrow and pulling it out. It was bloody but not something that disturbed you and he winched as if he had gotten a paper cut. "Now where's the bitch I can kill." He looked back at the door but you stopped him by grabbing his hand, intertwining your fingers and wanting nothing else but for him to stay.