Against the Door

(Morty's POV)

Me and Rick are now outside Alex's bedroom door. It's locked right and Rick doesn't want to barge in and ruin her privacy, which is a first but he has changed a lot since he had met Alex.

"Alex, sweetie, come out." He uses the sweet and gentle comforting voice he usually uses to stop mom from crying. From the room, is a loud thump, not a body, more like something being thrown across a room, like a pillow or book.

"GO AWAY." She says in such a dangerous tone that I have to hold back a whimper. Rick sighs and looks sad for a moment, then remembers I'm here with him and replaces it with a frustrated face. He turns to me, searches his pockets, gives me a large rolled up wad of cash.

"Buy some stuff for me, you can get stuff for yourself with what's left over. Just take your time, and don't die." He writes a list for me and pushes me out the door, list and money clutched in my hands.

I sigh and leave.

(Rick's POV)

I'm so sad.

Yeah, I have an emotion other than lust and pain. I'm feeling sad. Fuck I'm depressed!

Alex won't come out and I just sent Morty off to buy some stuff, and whatever for himself. Hopefully he won't be back anytime soon, I need time alone with Alex.

Alex, my kind love. I love her, it's official. I feel it and I can't decide what to do about it. I OFFICIALLY AM IN LOVE WITH ALEXA YOSHI. I sit against the door, back to it, my long unattractive legs making pyramids.

Does she hate me? I wipe my eyes at the thought. No she can't hate me, it wasn't my fault that Mark jumped in the way of the bullet. If Evil Morty didn't shoot at all, Mark would still be alive and Alex wouldn't be so sad. I wipe my eyes again, something went past my hand and slithered down my cheek. I recognize it quickly because I used to do it every night until I met Alex. I'm crying.

"Alex..." I whisper to her.

"Rick." She answers, from the other side of the door. She must be sitting there on the other side too. This will do, just to be close enough to her where I can feel her body heat through the thin door. I want to hold her, I want to kiss her and hug her and tell her everything will be alright.

But that would be lying. And I can't fucking lie to Alex. No one can lie to Alex. I won't allow it. Alexa Yoshi only deserves the TRUTH.

"Do you hate me?" I ask finally, the long silence after might kill me.

"No." I let out a small sigh of relief then hold my breathe again.

"Then why are you locking y-yourself in your room?" I ask quietly.

"Because I'm scared to live without Mark." She says.

"Vent to me, babe." I encourage. If she needs someone to talk to, me and Morty are always here but I would probably get jealous if she went to Morty first then me. Thank god I sent the turd away.

"He left to college, it was like living without him, which it was but it's worse when you know they can't even come visit at all, tho he promised me. He promised he would visit more often, and that I could text or call him if I'm lonely. He said he loved me a lot, that I was his baby sister and it's why he...he couldn't help but try to p-protect me." I heard a small whimper. I sigh and hit my head against the door.

"Oh baby, don't be that way. Mark wouldn't want you to be sad, would he? What if he's watching you from heaven?" I don't believe in hat bullshit but whatever, only for Alex. Only to make her feel better.

"B-but he promised me!" She yelled with so much raw emotion that I flinched on the other side of the door.

"Hey hey, calm down! He didn't know that was going to happen and neither did you or I! Don't blame yourself or me or Mark, blame Evil Morty." I growl at the name. Evil Morty, the filthy shit who hurt and took Alex. The annoying brat who has always tried to kill me. The merciless evil who shot and killed Mark, I watched him die.