Show Me The Morty!

{2 Months Later}
(Rick's POV)

I'm sitting on the couch watching tv with Alex. Alex, the girl who has taken me in, I still haven't told her anything about what I found out about her. I'm stuck in a fucking loop. Another fucking Diane maybe. Another mistake.

A̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ d̶e̶a̶d̶ g̶i̶r̶l̶

Maybe this is like my ultimate punishment. Falling in love again-

Wait. Love doesn't exist! Shut up!

Love is just a chemical reaction in the brain! Its a fake thing just like sugar rushes! Its just a way for animals to mate!

God I hate myself-

"Dude, you have been staring at me for the past like ten minutes." Alex breaks me from my thoughts and gives me a playful smile. I roll my eyes and look back to the TV. The show is still going, cool cool... I glance at Alex. Beautiful is the only way to describe such a creature.

WHAT AM I SAYING?!!

She is certainly an interesting one. I can't believe she doesn't know what she's capable of, unless she does and she is hiding it. She may be smart enough to pull that off. She seems docile. She seems calm. No insecurities except her extreme fear of being alone. Maybe its a phobia.

"Alright I'm bored." I stand up from the couch and stretch. She looks up at me and smiles.

A̶s̶ i̶f̶ s̶h̶e̶ d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'t̶ k̶n̶o̶w̶ w̶h̶a̶t̶ I̶ a̶m̶ c̶a̶p̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ o̶f̶.

"What do you want to do then?" She asks and stands too. She seems so eager to go somewhere, to please me. I'm not worth it honestly.

"I want to find someone." Where did that come from? Did I say that?

"Okay? Who do you want to find exactly?" She asks. So then it must have been me who said that. But why? What was I-no wait-

"My grandson. Come with me." I said and I was suddenly picking up my dirty and hole ridden lab coat. Alex had washed it carefully but she was getting slowly to work with fixing the holes and stuff for me. Which I was grateful for because her brother's clothes did not look well on me. I found the slip of paper I was pulling it out. My eyes water and I gulp at the free replacement Morty coupon.

"'A free replacement Morty'? The hell is that?" She was looking over my shoulder. I stare at the light above and my tears disappear. I stand and smirk at her, I feel dead inside.

"Lets get my grandson." I say and wave the coupon in my hand. She nods and I take her to the garage where the car is. She squeals and hops in.

"A space ship! Wow!" She looks around inside and she is reading the alien dialect on the screen on the control panel, wait what? I type in some coordinates and we get going to the place where...ugh just wait.

"I'm guessing we are heading to the 'Pocket Morty Center' to get a Morty? As in your grandson from infinite dimensions but they are without a Granddad." Damn, she is certainly quick to pull things together. I burp out a yup.

"Wow I'm good." She smirks, crossing her arms and sitting back in the seat. I smile to myself as we park down and get out. The ship locks automatically, without my energy near by for it to activate, i mean I'm the key to my car. Anyway, we head inside and I go to the counter as Alex looks around.

(Alex's POV)

There are so many of what I assume are Mortys! All so cute! And tiny and boyish and shy. They all blush when they see me staring at them. Some looked different from the others which I assumed was the dimensional difference between them- I mean I really like ducks.

One had a flower sprouting from his forehead. Another had one eye and was orange, a cyclops. Another was a lizard looking green scaly Morty. Another was fat, another wore glasses. Another was big burly and strong looking. Rick came over to me and looked around.

"What now?" I ask him.

"We choose a Morty to take home with us. I just paid the Rick at the counter and trust me, he is a bag of fuckin nuts so choose one and lets go." He says and waves me off as he takes a swing of his Grey flask, I smelled the whiskey.

"What? Why do I have to choose when you wanted to come?" I asked.

"Because I'm lazy and don't care. Choose any one." He waved me off again and stepped back. I sighed and looked at them all again. Most were normal yellow shirt blue jean Mortys except for one who seemed to separate from the others. He stood there, looking bored. He looked to be a normal Morty but his attitude and personality and body language was significantly different from the rest. I came up to him. He looked at me.

"Hi! Do you want to come home with me?" I asked him, I didn't really know how to word the question correctly without seeming awkward. Its like I was adopting a cute puppy. He smiled or rather smirked and took my hand from my side.

"You seem nice, so yes, please, take me home" he seemed rather...how do I put it, confident. He seemed polite and seductive maybe. Did I just make a mistake? No way, I think we are good because Rick nods with approval then signs a few papers and we get the heck out of there. I sit with the Morty in back and ask him questions to get to know him more.

"Do you remember which dimension your from?" I asked him.

"No, and I don't wish to." He replied. His eyes were half lidded in either boredom or in indifference.

"I'm assuming you are 14. You're name, Morty...Sanchez?" I asked. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Smith. Morty Smith." He said and crossed his arms.

"Cool beans dude. Anything you really like?" I asked.

"I like candy." He replied, sounding irritated. I pulled out some trolli eggs and opened it, I gave him the bag.

"Thanks" he ate one and gave a small smile.

"You're interesting. I like that." I smiled and put an arm around his shoulder. He seemed to stiffen at the touch but calmed quickly, as if afraid to scare me away.

"Thank you. You're not to bad yourself..." he gave a small smile, almost invisible.

"Alex Yoshi." I smiled at him. He nodded.

"Alex" he repeats and smiles at his lap.

"What a sweet name for such a unique girl"