Chapter Twenty-One

So you know. When I wrote this entire story I imagined Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man. You can imagine who ever you want. This was just my personal thoughts and tired to keep it neutral so you could imagine whoever you want. I'm just saying this because I'm using themes from the Amazing Spider-Man in this chapter.

This Fanfiction was written in 2016 before Tom Holland's presence in Marvel and was primarily based on the Amazing Spider-Man Franchise

C H A P T E R | twenty-one

"Cosplay? Is that really your best answer?" He said, raising an eyebrow in amusement.

"It's a hobby?..." I continue with a weak smile. I was absolutely sure my pathetic lies were not going unnoticed by his clearly amused face. He stood by the door with his hands in his pants pockets after turning on the lights to my room. He swiftly maneuvered to my desk chair, and took a seat.

"So you are Spider-Man? That explains quite a bit actually. The so called lie when we were gone—"

"It was a white lie. I just didn't tell the entire truth and made up assumptions that you guys believed" I cooly said. Crossing my arms, as I stood in front of him.

"Half lie then. How 'Spider-Man' knew more then he should. How you beat Steve in a race. Why we could never actually find the identity of the amazing Spider-Man. And many more theory's. Who would guess a teenage, high school nerd, who looks like they could barely do anything physically demanding. Let alone fight criminals and villains, while constantly swinging around the city." I found myself sighing, knowing I couldn't hind anything form him, nor could I lie at this point. He was actually high in my guess for who was to figure it out next. Him or Tony. Dad may seem like a dumbass at times but he lives up to his name.

"Fine. You caught me. What now."

"Does anyone else know?" He asked.

"Natasha, Deadpool, and someone from my past." I calmly replied, deciding to take a seat on my bed.

"So how did this happen?" He leaned forward a bit to give me his full attention. His eyes full of curiosity and I knew I'd have to give it up to him. After all I had to play it cool. He stood between me and the security of my identity.

"Let me change first" I stood from the bed and quickly took a comfortable t-shirt and pajama pants. Walking into the restroom to change. I hurried, looking into the mirror for no particular reason. Taking in my features. Noticing the slight dark bags under my eyes. It was only natural considering I lose sleep being Spider-Man and worrying about the current situation involving Harry. Whatever he has in store.

Not wanting to keep Bruce waiting I hurried out of the bathroom with my suit in hand. Quickly re-hiding it before taking my seat on the bed again.

"Back to what you asked. My father was a scientist who worked for Oscorp. He had worked together with his friend and colleague, Dr. Curtis Connors, a fellow scientist with a missing right arm, who had become the Lizard. Together, they worked hard to pursue the development of Crossed-Species Genetics, a radical scientific study that no one in the scientific community believed to be possible. They were mocked and scorned as mad scientist. But what was their biggest breakthrough in their research just so happened when my father successfully created the Araneus Oscorpeus, a breed of genetically modified spiders. Opening up new possibilities for their researched. Oscorp has funded the project in hopes of using it for themselves. My father deemed it to be to dangerous and wanted to completely destroy the evidence. However, it was impossible, so instead he embedded his DNA into the spiders. This would cause them to only genetically work with my fathers DNA or someone with his DNA. I guess at one point I was daring, still kinda am. I snuck into Oscorp to get a look and came across the room with the spiders. One had bitten me and next thing I knew I was a human with the abilities of a spider." I said. Seeing a calculating look all over his face as he stared at me. I could tell he was deep in thought, especially with all the information I had thrown at him.

"What happened to your parents. If you don't mind me asking" He asked.

"They were threatened by Oscorp. That's why he did what he did with the spiders. Afterwards. Him and my mother left me in my aunt and uncles care. After later discovery I found out they were killed." I finished.

"So. What do you plan to do with this information?" I asked. Looking at him for what he may do.

"Well, I'm not going to tell if that's what you mean. I just wanted the story. Didn't think it would be this deep. Are you going to tell Tony and Steve?"

"I want to. Just not right now. I figure they'll find out whether I tell them or not, but for now I don't want them to know. There's some things I need to handle before it's peaceful enough for them to get on me for lying and everything else" I looked over to my window, talking in the dark sky outside. Enjoying the view of the stars and moon. Not sure as to what to do next.

"What do you mean?" He said grabbing my attention. I thought it over, what I should say, how I should say it. Finding it long and unnecessary to repeat again. So before he could question my silence I began to speak.

"J.AR.V.I.S could you tell Natasha to come to my room?" I asked.

"Of course"

"Wait, how are you able to get past the cameras and such now that I think about it" I looked to him with a grin.

"I hack into J.A.R.V.I.S of course" his face was in shock, and his mouth hanging open. The sound of a knock coming shortly afterwards.

I quickly got up to unlock the door. Seeing Natasha with her arms crossed. She looked at me before looking at Bruce. A questionable look crossing her face as he raised an eyebrow. I motioned for her to come in. Closing the door after she did and locking it.

" what's this about?" She asked.

"He knows I'm Spider-Man to start off. Also there's something I needed to tell you and might as well tell you now when I tell him instead of two separate times." I casually said with a shrug. She stood beside Bruce. Waiting for me to say something.

"I'm sure you know all about my biological father and what he did. Considering it's you. End strong I was bite by my fathers creation and my powers exist." I started. She nodded, with a face if complete understanding. I knew she was snooping.

"Anyways, right now I am being targeted by some really dangerous people. The ones who broke our of prison not to long again. They are being led by my former best friend.." I started. Looking at them both for a minute.

"Harry Osborn, son to Oscorps CEO and next to inherit it."

_____________________________

A/N

Kinda short but I'm trying to drag it out and I'm tired.