Chapter Eleven

Disclaimers- do not own Spider-Man/Avengers or any thing else besides the plot unless stated.

This Fanfiction was written in 2016 before Tom Holland's presence in Marvel and was primarily based on the Amazing Spider-Man Franchise

C H A P T E R | eleven

I instantly began to swing towards the sound of sirens. Speeding around ever building and pushing myself to go faster. The closer I got the louder the commotion became. The sound of people talking and some shouting, along with sirens and the distinctive sound of water being ran from a high powered hose entered my ears. (Im sure it's only really distinctive for the firefighters and myself.)

I could see dark puffs of smoke rise up into the sky and the faint smell of stuff burning begin to enter my senses. My body instinctively moving towards the trouble, rounding the corner only to come face with a small apartment complex completely up in flames.

People gathered at the bottom behind the yellow that had 'DO NOT ENTER' on the plastic like rope that is meant for crowd control. The police stood by keeping behind behind the lines, while the firefighters attempted to keep the fire at bay and under control. I swung down to the people hearing many sighs of relief pass the lips of some and before I could even ask I heard someone shout.

"My wife and kids are still in there!! Please save them!!" I turned to see a young woman standing amongst the crowd. Tears streaming down her face, with a mixture of emotions crossing her face. Without hesitation I rushed into the building. Using my arm as a way to block some of the heat and light of the fire.

"Is anyone in here?!" I shouted. Trying to catch the attention of anyone near me. I moved swiftly through the collapsing building. Making sure to step over little bits of fire and scorching pieces of debris that had burned out. Only leaving a red brilliant light to show it had once been hot.

I shifted between rooms calling out for anyone. Waiting for any sigh of an answer or movement before calling again. Until I heard a faint bear come from a room. I didn't wait a single moment before I was rushing into the room I had heard the voice. Scanning the entire bedroom before coming to a closet. I could hear movement behind the doors and opened it in a way as not to startle whoever was behind the doors.

"Hey... everything's going to be alright. I'm here to help" I calmly said. Kneeling to get at the same level of them. When I had opened the door a young lady, who was still older then sat with her back to the door with two children in her arms. Her face was covered in dirt from the building and smoke. Her face instantly lightening up at my appearance.

"Here take them! Get them out. That's all that matters! Please.." desperation filled her voice and I found myself nodding.

"I'll be back. Take here" she nodded before handing me both kids. I took the girl first. Noticing that she had to be the older of the two. Her face was just as covered as her mothers and her facial expression was that of scared and unsure of what to make of the situation. Next I was handed her brother, who was crying. He attempted to stifle his sobs as he rubbed his eyes. His mother reluctantly letting go before covering her face and keeping low. Shutting the door part way.

I quickly maneuvered my way with the two kids in my arms. Both their faces hiding in crotch of my shoulder. Their little hands grabbing the spandex as much as they could for some support and whatever little comfort it brought them.

"Don't worry. We're almost there. Just hang on." I spoke gently. Pulling them tighter the closer we got to the window I had previously busted.

"W-what about mommy?" The little girl stuttered out at first.

"I'll come back for her. I promise. Here hold on tight and close your eyes" I waited until both were secure before jumping out the building with little effort. Grunting a but when I hit the ground. I rushed to the paramedics on standby, handing them both children. Before shouting a web to launch myself back into the building. Trudging through the burning building once again to get to the woman. My body moving more quickly this time knowing where to go.

My lungs felt like they were suffocating in the air, causing me to cough. My arms going in front of my face in defense.

I instantly shot for the door. Swinging it open to see her half conscious, while partly going in and out. I lifted her up into my arms. Attempting to shield her body with mine as much as possible as I navigated the building feeling small burns on my skin from both the first trip and the second. My suit was not made for heat. How do we know? It began splitting easily in some parts. And I felt like I was baking.

Once back to the window I used my webs to shot out, but just as we were about to swing out. My spidey senses went off and I covered the smaller girl in my arms with my body. Part of the building exploded in a small burst. Sending me flying as it hit my back. A hiss of discomfort and pain leaving my lips. I, however, kept myself steady while in air. Swinging myself, plus one, to the ground. The paramedics meeting me instead of me going to them, as I kneeled on the ground.

"Here... she's a little out of it from all the smoke and heat" I had said in huffs. Small huffs of surprise and exhaustion. The pain on my back growing but not enough to keep me down. I stood on wobbly getting cheers of thanks and worry from people.

"You should let us look at that wound Spider-Man" one of the paramedics said. He instantly moved towards me but stopped waiting for an answer.

"It's alright. It's already starting to heal. It'll be fine in another day or two." I didn't wait for their argument as I swung off. Taking a break on a building before standing to go. Only to be stopped by a voice.

"Spider-Man. Could we talk?" I turned to see Steve walk out from the building in his Captain America outfit, his shield resting on his back, and his hands in the air.

I sighed but nodded. Mumbling a 'make it quick' before sitting.

"Sorry about how my friends treated you. Well how Tony mostly, but we only wanted to get you to join the Avengers. They just went in a round about way of doing it. Would you reconsider? We could talk out any agreements?" He asked a little hopeful, as he got closer. Join the Avengers? No chance. But maybe if we could come to an agreement. However, I still wanted to be a solo small time hero in New York, but sometimes I wished I had help. Like the lizard, and other villains. Maybe we could work something out. However it probably won't happen if my identity is found out and right now I'm in no shape to make any decisions. The smoke might be affecting my brain with how I'm thinking.

"Maybe... let's discuss this another time. Find me next time I'm on patrol and I'll give you my answer." I let my body fall over the edge before swinging.

Taking the buildings, until I got to my hidden clothes. I unraveled some bandages I keep on hand. Wrapping my burn and cut on my back, until I got home. My Spider-Man suit was shoved into the bag with ease. Taking my bottle of water I had, I drank a few gulps before dabbing some on my sweatshirt sleeve to get rid of the grim on my face enough to get to my room for a shower.

The ride on my skate bored was shorter then I was hopping. I had quickly taken the elevator to the desired floor. Moving my way into the living room. Noticing it was empty. A sigh of relief washed over me, quickly making it to my room to strip myself down to get a shower. Hissing at the feeling of warm water on my back wound. Even more when I got soap in it. As quickly as I had gotten in the shower I was out. Drying myself and bandaging my back better. Putting on pajamas to sleep.

_____________________________

A/N

Wanted to update during the week before Sunday but I was staying with my grandmother for the holiday break and she doesn't like when I'm on my phone. So I couldn't even read. So here's the chapter. Enjoy.