Chapter Five

This Fanfiction was written in 2016 before Tom Holland's presence in Marvel and was primarily based on the Amazing Spider-Man Franchise
Peter POV

After the incident with the food. Everyone was seated. Steve stood with a disappointed look but couldn't say much since he himself had indulged in the food fight. Even if he was forced at first. I sat quietly behind the super solider as the rest either stood to sat before him.

"Why?" Steve asked simply before elaborating more.

"Why were you throwing food when we returned? Just why?" Steve placed his fingers on the bridge of his nose, while his other hand held up his elbow to support his arm.

"Well. It started with the muscle giant. We tried to get him to eat something other then pop tarts but he threw the food instead and the food war became real very fast" Clint said everyone looking to Thor but me, as I was left in confusion.

Although, I did find the situation to be highly amusing. It's not everyday you get to have a personal up close seat to watch the members of the Avengers get scolded for having a food fight. It was hilarious to find out that even the almighty heroes of earth acted like children, in ways. Even if they are adults and supposedly suppose to be 'professional' and 'serious.'

"So are you going to introduce us to the new addition or leave us to figure out" Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow said. Man. I love hacking SHIELD in my spare time.

Tony instantly moved his way over to me. Leaning down to place his arm around my shoulder before speaking.

"This is our awesomely cool new son Peter! Peter this is the gang. In case you already didn't know. That's Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, Bruce Banner, and the God Thor. Just stay away from the pop tarts and you'll get along with him." Tony happily announced and said. Steve also standing with a happy expression. I looked at all of them. Seeing a look of greeting from all but Thor. He walked away mumbling something about a 'stupid bird not letting him eat pop tarts?' I think I understand now. Kinda.

"Hey.." I said a little awkwardly. Waving my hand slightly. Taking in everything they said. Until everything clicked. Did Tony say Bruce Banner? As in scientist Dr. Banner!

"Wait.." everyone stopped to look at me before waiting for me to continue.

"You mean Bruce Banner. Dr. Banner head researcher in gamma radiation research. That Bruce Banner!" I asked excitedly.

"Yes. That's me.." he said unsure but slightly surprised I recognized him.

"I've read your work. The thesis and work you did was really amazing. I mean it didn't turn out so great for you. Sorry. No offense. But your work is truly amazing! I've read everything you've ever released publicly" he looked shocked at me before looking to Tony, as if to ask him a silent question that tony answered with a grin.

"You... understood it? That's incredible" he said.

"He's also read my articles and research as well." Tony practically bragged. Looking that of a proud father. Standing straight with crossed arms.

"In other words another geek to your squad?" Clint said as he began to laugh. Irritation visibly appearing on my face slightly. Everyone looking at Clint as if to say 'really' but quickly focused to me to see what I'd do.

"I'm sorry science is to complicated for you Katniss. Not everyone likes to be simple minded" I said with a smile. Shock plastered on majority of the rooms faces. Before laughter erupted from many.

"Look he knows your name! You'll fit in well" Tony said in between fits of laughter.

"Wait where is Thor?" Steve suddenly asked. "He was just here" he continued, everyone looking around.

"Huh, I think he went to the kitchen.. something about pop tarts?" I said. A deep sigh leaving everyone's lips at the same time. Everyone stood up and began to walk away. I stood as well. Quietly following behind as I did. Taking my duffle bag and school bag with me.

We walked only for a few before reaching what I assumed to be the kitchen. Looking inside to see the god sitting at the table with a box of pop tarts in hand. Eating away. A look of disappointment on everyone's faces, while I smiled in amusement. I walked over to Thor. Watching as he looked up at me.

"Have you ever thought to toast pop tarts?" He looked up confused. So without asking I snatched the treat and placed it in the toaster. Laughing inside at the looks the Avengers gave me. Panic riddling their faces. Thor instantly stood from his seat walking over to me. I raised my hand. Signaling for him to hold on. He stopped, with a curious look and astonishment to my way of acting. Soon the pop tart popped up from the toaster. I gave it a moment before handing it over to Thor. He looked at it strange and unsure what to do before bitting it on a whim. His face lightening up in satisfaction.

"This is small child both metal man and other mortal man took father ship to? He is small and puny but is genius. We have much to talk about once I've completed the task of toasting and eating the thing they call pop tarts!" He said enthusiastically. Slapping me hard on the back. Making the air in my lungs halt for a moment before once again allowing me to breath.

"Your w-welcome" I replied. Stepping towards the others. Breathing in with a sigh.

"To think someone touched goldy lockes pop tarts and lived to tell the tail without injury. What a true inspiration you are. I'm so happy to call you my son" Tony said. Whipping away fake tears. A small chuckle leaving my lips.

"Come on Peter. I'll show you to your room" Steve interrupted. I only nodded in response before following close behind. We walked down a hallway with multiple doors. All which had names on it to represent who they belonged to. Until we got to a room without a name it anything on it. Steve and Tony walked over to it opening it to reveal a pretty much blank room. Only a bed, desk/office chair, dresser, closet, and bathroom. The room was three times the size of the room I was in at the orphanage, where I shared a room with multiple people. It felt really big in a way.

My room was on the end of the tower, so I had a pretty amazing view of the city since the wall was made of glass. More like windows.

However, I looked at it all in aw. Knowing that this was something I'd never, EVER, seen my self being in. Not even if a billion years.

"You can decorate how you see fit. " Tony said leaning into Steve

" well goodnight Peter. We'll see you in the morning." Steve said, as he walked over to me. He reached out and gave me a big hug before kissing the top of head. Tony ruffling my hair once Steve let go.

They both walked to the door. Shutting it after giving me a smile. I sighed. Finally having time to myself. I walked over to the bed. Throwing my duffle bag and school bag to the floor.

Maybe having a family wasn't going to be bad... but even so. It was still going to be hard. Hiding my identity. Even if I reveal it to them one day. It needed to stay a secret for now. I at least knew they could handle themselves in case of my enemies finding out my identity.

Even so. This was going to be interesting.

______________________________
A/N

Chapter five at your service! Hope you enjoyed the family finally meeting.