Four - New Faces

Madeline's POV

Pregnant. I'm pregnant. Why? I mean, James left. He left me for a girl who played him. And Victor, I haven't seen him since before I woke in that cage, why was I in that cage?

The biggest question now was, how am I gonna make good on my promise and get over James?

After Hank let me leave I sit alone in my room thinking about my long life I have lived so far. All of it, everything.

My mind raking over every one of the faces I have met, I've seen go to war, witnessed them getting shot, seeing the light fade from their eyes. Operating. Losing people. Losing soldiers. Pronouncing people dead on the battlefield.

The more recent things. Ma and Pa getting ripped away. A mysterious man named Logan showing up. Him turning out to be my long lost crush. And finally Victor, him being the biggest mystery. After hearing him telling me he was taking me somewhere, the next thing I remembered was waking up in the cage wearing the red jumpsuit.

What happened to Victor? Where is he now?

I don't have to ask where James is, he is probably with that Kayla, cause he can't live without Kayla.

Oh my god. I'm gonna be a Mom, there is a baby growing inside of me! It's James kid. But he doesn't know. I should go and find him to tell him.

------

"No"

"But proffeser, it's his kid. I need to go and find Him! He needs to know!" I fight back.

He shakes his bald head. "No, you are pregnant. The only thing you need to do is rest. That's final!"

I flinch back. He yelled that past part both out loud and in my mind.

" Fine! But he should know." I said, voice cracking. "I can't keep this from him." I whispered as tears fell.

The proffeser had a sad smile on his face. "You have a good heart, Madeline. But, that will get you killed. You are going to be a mother Now, you have to think about that child before anything else."

I look at him flabbergasted, "I am thinking about my Child. I grew up with parents that either beat me or ignored me, my Father hated me. He called me a freak and said I was a waste of time and effort. I can't take my kids chance at having an amazing father away."

The proffeser nodded. "Can I at least persuade you to wait until your baby is born?" He asked. "I can send Hank out to look for Logan." He said.

"His name is James."  I said. "We played when we were kids, he was always sick with something. Probably allergies. My best friend Victor would being me to James after he found me in the woods, or just, just whenever he thought it would make me feel better." I take a breath. "I thought they had died, I thought after they ran away one night that, that I would never see them again. Then as I was staying with an elderly couple, who I called ma and pa, a man showed up. with the fluffy hair, long sideburns, brown eyes and a familiar scent, it... it, it um. It threw my life off balance. It was like an invisible force flung my heart towards him, like me and him were meant to be. I come back from work the next day, ma and pa are blown to bits in their own barn, dead government agents and a blown up helicopter. All I knew was the mystery mans name. Logan." I take a breath. "when I caught up with him, he was with Victor, then it all came to me. suddenly everything was forgotten, wiped clean. I loved them, they left me, again."  Another breath. "I mean, how naïve am I? Let myself fall so hopelessly in love with him twice, and get hurt. not once but TWICE!! But, I still love him. is that bad?"

Xavier's  now looking at me questioningly. "What do you mean?" He asks, "It never stops. You don't just wake up one morning and not love someone. That love, that love you, you carry it around with you everywhere and anywhere you go." He said.

I laugh. I actually laughed. I nodded. "Okay. Okay, I will stay here for my baby. Wow, I'm gonna have a baby Xavier! I'm having a baby!!"

He just smiles.

------------

I'm now a few months along. I can say I've never been happier to be fat. I'm now fat with purpose, and I can eat whatever I want without judgement.

It's great. Oh. And I get a baby. So it's golden. Well, Actually, it could be better. I could have my James and Victor. But no. They abandon me.

I don't even know where Victor went. Where is He? But James is probably with the back stabber, you know the one that pretended to love him and then proceeded to fake her own death.

But where are they?

Where are my boys? Oh where, oh where, could they be?

I just want them near me. I don't care about them abandoning me. I care about them leaving without saying goodbye. And not to mention I should hate James. But, I don't.

Where are you?

---------

"I love you" James says as he is leaned down to my ear. We are currently on the dance floor of the bar we found.

I pull away from his shoulder and look up at him, "I love you too." I answer.

He smiles.

I sit upright in my bed. I look around for what woke me up. Then, there is a knock at my door. That's what woke me up.

I get up, struggling, a lot.

I pick up my robe, since getting dressed into more than a sports bra and shorts is too much work.

I swing my bedroom door open grumpy. Scott Summers is standing on the other side.

" You might want to come downstairs. Oh, and, get dressed." He says before turning and leaving.