One - Making History

Madeline's POV

"Maddy! Where the Hell are ya??!?!" I heard daddy yell.

I sink in further to the blanket under my bed. I have to stay away from daddy. You see he has a problem with the liquid called booze.

He gets real angry at everybody when he has this 'booze'. He likes to yell at and hit momma. He has hit me too. That's why I have to hide right now.

All I want to do is play with my friends and all he wants to do is yell at me to do this and that. And he wants to hit me and momma.

Where is momma one may ask. Momma is asleep on the floor out there were Daddy is. She had some red liquid on her forehead that smelled like metal. And she was drinking 'booze' with Daddy.

I had ran to my room as soon as she fell. Me being a scared 7 year old. I grabbed my blankie and hid under my bed. I am pushed as far up to the wall as possible.

I hear my door creak open and I freeze in my spot. I hold my breath.

I hear and see Daddy's feet moving towards my bed. He walks around, then he stops and starts walking toward the door. "Must've gone out side, little freaking brat!"

I wait until I hear Daddy leave then run out to Momma.

I touch her arm. "Momma? Momma get up!" I yell at her freaking out.

She pushes me off of her. "Go away" she says.

I take off out of the door. I run into the woods and hear a noise. I look around terrified. I start running again. I look behind me while running.

Suddenly I am on the ground. I look up. "Hey Maddy. Wait why are you crying?"

I look at Victor. He is my bestest friend. He leans to my height. Now standing on his knees. He wipes my tears with his thumbs.

"Daddy." I mutter. His face goes from concern to understanding.

"What did he do now?" He asked.

"He and Momma were having this 'booze' he got angry and hit momma. Now she's asleep on the floor. She has something red and sticky on her head and I tried to wake her up but she said go away. And Daddy is lookin' for me. Victor I'm scared" I said to my 15 year old friend.

He frowns. He pulls me into his arms. "It's okay Maddy. You're gonna be okay. So long as you are with me, I'll be sure of it." He says standing now. I squeal as I am brought up to his height. "Now, do you want to go see James?"

I nod. "Yes Victor!! Let's go see James!!" He laughs.

-----

Victor knocks on the door. James's Dad opens the door. His name is John, Victors Daddy is named Thomas.

"I gather you are here to see James?" John asked. Victor nods.

"If that's alright sir." John nods.

"Come in Madeline, Victor." He says.

Victor walks right into James's house and up the stairs with me in his arms.

We get to James's door and Victor knocks.