Part 69

Harry’s POV

     I paced back and forth in front of the  door. I tried sitting on the stairs, but my foot tapped too fast for me to sit still. She'd been gone for so long. I had no idea what time she actually left, but I had woken up five hours ago and there was still no word from her.

   I tried not to think of anything bad that could've happened to her. I began to do laps around the huge house. I always kept an ear out for the door. I was just turning the corner that would've marked my eleventh lap and the door opened.

  I bolted to assist her or even to be close to her just to see that she was alright. Clive probably saw the disappointment in my face.  I helped him with his luggage as he hacked in to his hand.

"Where is she?" He asked.

My mind was fogged with worry and I couldn't come up with a lie, "Out."

Clive coughed once more, "Good, need to talk to you."

My head tilted and my eye brows knotted as I followed him in to the kitchen.

   I couldn't help but notice his stuff body as he walked to the table.

"Could you get me a glass of water?" I nodded and retrieved his demand.

I watch him intently as his shaky hand lifted the glass. His colouring was off to, he had a grey tinge to him. 

"What did you want to talk about?" My patients were growing thin. 

He coughed in to his hand, "I stayed in the hospital last night, and they ran some test. The results will be in Soon, but I don't think they'll be good."

   I grabbed the empty glass and returned to the fridge to fill it. The fridge door blocked my view of Clive, but from the quite sobs, I didn't need to see his tears

Katherine’s POV

      I traced my finger around the rim of a glass that was once filled with beer. My age didn’t matter in this country and I took advantage of that.

  There were too many thoughts going on in my head, too many different people telling me what to do. I needed something to block them out. I thought drinking was a better choice than getting the razor out.

“Well, well, well,” I dragged my gaze up to the tall thin blonde smirking down at me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked as he slide in to the booth.

“I was about to ask you the same question,” His smile seemed like a memory.     

“I just needed some,” I paused, “Alone time.”

Kyle looked down to my glass and nodded, “How did you get here?”

“Crap,” I face palmed myself for not thinking it through.

“Yeah,” I huffed trying to think of a plan on my route home.

“I can take you home, if that’s alright,” I didn’t mean to, but I stared in to his eyes as I decided.

I saw him shift under my solid stare and I blinked, “Please.”

I stood from the booth and walked towards the door. I stood outside and the world spun. I hadn’t had that much to drink, only two pints.

Moments later Kyle joined me outside.

“What took you so long?” I questioned as he handed me my purse. I had forgotten it and it was sitting beside me underneath the table.

“Paying the bill,” Kyle didn’t seem mad. I felt terrible I let that slip my mind.

     I lead Kyle to my little black car, which wasn’t parked far. He held the door open until I was safely in my vehicle. I insisted on driving, but he refused. 

  The light blue and pinkish sky had become dark as night was settling in. I watched the stars and before I knew it, we were turning around the water fountain Amy wanted. Thinking of her reminded me of how our family was when we first moved here.

  Tears pricked my eyes. Their divorce was my fault. If I hadn’t have been so stupid, she would still be here.  Kyle opened my door and saw I was crying.

He was caught off guard and looked down at me confused. I felt stupid and got out of the car.

“What’s wrong?” Kyle sounded so concerned. 

“Katherine?” I looked up from the cobble stone lane way and saw Harry peeking out of the door.

He scanned my face. His jaw clenched shut and his eyes narrowed on Kyle.

“I swear to god!” Harry yelled and charged towards the innocent blonde. Kyle began to take a step backwards as Harry got closer.

I jumped between the men and kept Harry from making a stupid mistake.

“What did he do this time?” Harry said through his teeth. Not once taking his glare away from Kyle.

“H-He didn’t do anything. It’s me, my medication,” I wiped the last tear off my cheek.

“What?” Harry looked down at me.

I dragged a hand down my face, “I’m not supposed to drink.”

I watched Harry’s adams apple bounce and he glanced back at Kyle.

“He actually helped me,” I broke the tense silence.

Another huff came from Harry before he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the house, “Well thanks kid.”

“Harry he’s coming in,” I said when we reached the door.

“What?” Harry turned around.

“At least for one drink,” I insisted.

Harry looked behind me, and rolled his eyes. He entered my father’s house without another word. I turned to Kyle and gestured him to follow.