Part 61

Harry’s POV

“Straight off the plane to a new hotel. Just touch down you can never tell,” I sang in to the mic for the fifth time. I was  starting to get annoyed. 

“Great. That’s it,” I gladly took off the head set and exit the booth. Louis and Liam were playing some football in the lounge. I took a seat next to Zayn on the white couch as Niall headed in to record our new single.  

   I took out my phone and started playing on different games. After going through almost every app I found myself on the London Times, the newspaper for back home. My thumb couldn’t move to swipe to the next page. I kept reading the same title, getting a different feeling every time.  His obituary.

“Get another picture from a fan?” Lou smirked as he took my phone out of my hands.

  I needed to be with her. Screw the tour, screw management and their papers. Katherine needed me I knew she did. I was dumb enough to leave her thinking she would benefit from it. What if this sent her over the edge? What if she’s back in the hospital barely alive?

   I used my arms and pushed myself up off the couch.

“Harry wait!” Louis yelled once I stepped outside. The brick fence couldn’t keep out the screams of the teenage girls who had been camped out for hours. The screams died down once they noticed I wasn’t paying attention.

I heard the door of the studio open again and the screams roared. 

“Harry!” I could hear Louis shoes crunch the stones underneath them as he jogged closer to me.

“Lou you can’t stop me,” I was so thankful I had reached my car.

Louis put his hand in front of my door, blocking my entrance. I glared up to his normally playful face to see he was just as pissed off as I was.

“Styles think about this,” he wasn’t asking, it was a demand.

I huffed and dropped my hand from the handle. After a few moments without exchanging words Louis handed over my phone.  I looked at him confused.

“I’ll tell them there’s a family emergency, that should buy you a few days,” I didn’t know what else to do but hug him. The girls awed and I knew cameras were out.

I quickly got in to my car and raced to the airport.

Katherine’s POV

     Spending that night with Kyle helped me realise I need to go back to the old me. Not my old habits, but letting everyone think I’m ok. Everyone around me treated me different, like I’m too fragile to handle the truth. They might be right, but I want to be able to handle it. I hate how people keep hiding things from me.

    I needed to change myself. If I wanted people to treat me differently I needed them to see me differently.  I got out of bed that morning with a different attitude. I didn’t feel so heavy, it felt easier to breathe.

    I walked in to my closet and spotted the first change that needed to be made. My wardrobe lacked colour. In fashions we were told someone’s clothes reflect their attitude and personality. I needed to go shopping. The thought of going to a mall, where people my age gather and hang out made me nervous.

Before I could give it anymore thought someone knocked on my door. I peeked my head around the wooden door to see Martin, a smile even though his face was all red.

“Breakfast is ready.”

“Are you ok?” my voice was barely above a whisper.

Martin had caught something in his throat before he spoke, “I’m fine thank you.”

   He wanted to reassure me, but he did everything but that. His words were rushed and he couldn’t get away from me quick enough. It was as if something was going to happen and he didn’t want me to see it.

   I walked down stairs and in to the kitchen. My father was sitting at the table, drinking a freshly made tea. I had a few questions to ask him. First I needed to show my attitude change.

“Morning dad,” I kissed his cheek as I walked past him. He paused and watched me as I took my seat.

“Morning,” he held his cup in the air, but made no gesture to sip from it.

“How are you?” his appearance still hadn’t changed. He looked rough. His unshaved face wasn’t complimenting him.

“I’m fine thanks. How are you?” he didn’t take his eyes off me. I took that as a sign, he noticed.

I took a deep breath and looked at the food in front of me, “Better.” 

My father kept his stare on me, I felt it. The sound of the newspaper being lifted was my qu.

“Dad,” I paused so I knew I would have his attention, “Can you give Martin a leave?”

The newspaper was lowered, and all I could see were my father’s confused eyes.

“Just to give him a break. He’s been having a tough time,” I explained my request.

My father sighed and lifted the paper. My lips parted at his rude action.

“How long should he be off?” by the sound of his tone he knew I was right.

“I don’t know. Should we ask him?” I suggested.

“Go get him,” I could sense my father’s smile.

I finally had some good news. I gladly rose from the table and started my search for Martin.

I went to turn a door knob, but it wouldn’t budge.

“I’ll be out in a minute,” Martin cleared his throat.

“Is everything okay?” I asked, pressing my head against the barrier.

“Oh yes Miss Katherine. Everything is fine,” it broke my heart seeing how much of an effort he was making to protect me.

“Can I come in?” I asked.

“Oh no, everything’s fine. I’ll be out in a minute,” Martin blew his nose.

“I’m not leaving until you let me in,” I sounded like a kid, but I wasn’t leaving.

The lock clicked. I turned the handle once more and was able to push the door open. My eyes quickly became wet at the site of Martin.