"is it an illegitimate child?.........look Ms. Dutta.........this is an hospital........and whatever procedures are carried on here are kept on record for future reference..........we need to know the entire situation before taking it into our hands........so please tell us the truth.........it'll make things simpler for you as well as us"

The doctor refused to budge off his stand as I could watch Ele wiping off the sweat beads from her forehead..........life had been cruel for her as well..........she had lost her father a few months before.........her mother's health had deteriorated post her father's untimely death..........despite of her health issues, that poor lady had volunteered to help me out with my delivery.........and now Ele was here...........fighting half of my battle while I lay helpless on the operation table.......

I wished to do so many things.........I wish I could slap the people asking for some ignorant people's signatures, I wish I could drag Ele out of this place they call a hospital, but which doesn't seem like one...........I wish I could tell them once and for all, that it's me who gets to decide about my child and not some layman who has donated his sperm to me inorder to avenge me for life..........but all I could do is scream my lungs out due to the unbearable convulsions my body was facing at the moment.........

The nurse gave me a disgusted look as I tried controlling my screeches.........seems like they all thought that I was about to deliver an illegitimate child.........I felt them questioning my integrity with their gazes on my bump...........they must be wondering with whom I must have slept to reach this stage, with how many people I must have mated to get impregnated..........did they even bother an ounce to think how much I have been suffering at the moment?..........did they feel the need to relieve me of this troubled state of mine?

"look doctor..........this child isn't illegitimate as you call it..........my friend is actually under a surrogacy contract..........she was paid for carrying a child by a renowned businessman and his wife.........but unfortunately they backed out at the last moment.........she has been disowned by her family for keeping them uninformed about the same and has been living with me since then..........the couple has indeed requested me to be with her till the time she delivers their child safely, and that is exactly what I'm trying to do...........let me tell you the biological parents of this child are very influential, and even though now they aren't interested in keeping this child, they can very well close down your hospital for troubling their surrogate partner..........so I request you once again, please go ahead and relive her........or else I would be forced to inform them"

Elena..........the troublemaker...........the prankster..........who would be shamelessly gawking at males in the college.........who had thought that she would turn out to be so very brave and understanding..........my father used to say, I'm a bad omen..........but I guess he used to lie.........coz a bad omen couldn't be blessed with such a good friend..........he must have definitely been lying.........

"ok as you say.........but you have to fill in these forms and get signatures of either one of the surrogate parents before we operate her.......be quick"

The doctor handed over a bunch of forms to her as he left the place being quite perplexed..........she had managed to scare him off to quite an extent I must say........she managed to fill in the forms in a record breaking speed as all I could see in her eyes was concern for me.........a genuine one.........I could see her running out of the hospital and returning back within 15 minutes with God knows who's signatures on the papers..........

I was wheeled into the OT as soon as the forms were submitted at the reception.........the doctor came in and read out all what she had filled in the forms........

"patient's name-Sonakshi..........surrogate mother's name-Elena..........accompanying relative/friend's name..........Aarohi Dutta...........is that right Ms. Sonakshi?"

I nodded and looked up to Elena as she gave me a relaxed look...........she had changed her name to Aarohi............and she kept the surrogate mother's name to Elena.........just for a simple reason that she could sign for both..........hot tears flowed down my now tired eyes, as I thanked her through my gestures.........I now owe my life to you Ele............I will give it up without a second thought if you ask me to do so.........

"okay..........now since the formalities are completed.........let's start the procedure.........to begin with, Ms. Sonakshi..........are you in a position to breath properly?..........will you be able to push the child out?"

I nodded confidently...........yes I could...........ofcourse I would...........when Ele could change her identity for the sake of my child, why couldn't I bear this pain to get it into this world...........I will do it.........I looked towards Ele once, she was stationed outside the OT, I could see her through the glass opening........she assured me and I pushed the child with all my might...........you have to help out your mother in this my child.........together we have to show the world that we could make a wonderful team to fight the demons in this world, which includes your dad too.........

After a strenuous struggle of around an hour, I managed to finally bring my child into this world...........my eyes threatened to close down with fatigue, but I kept starring at the miniature creation of God which had managed to just pop out of my womb..........the first cry of my child made sure that it was hale and hearty..........I could see Ele dancing to her own tunes outside the OT, she was rejoiced to see a baby being born..........the umbilical cord was cut and the baby was washed........my lovely daughter had arrived..........to take away my loneliness.........she would now be the reason for my existence...........

I was shifted to the ward, while they handed over my baby to me.........I kissed it with teary eyes as I felt relieved for the first time in all these months.........I hate you Dev........I hate you for what you have done to me...........for the emotional ride I have gone through in all these years..........I hate you for being the jerk you are.........but I still want to thank you............coz you have given me the best gift of my life........my child, our child...........I wonder if I would ever be able to meet you again in this life, just to thank you for giving me Pia!!!!!!

*************************

So tell me how was it?............I know many of you were eager to know what happened to  Devakshi's child............so here little Pia is born, but will she remain with her mother is yet to be seen.........and if not, where did she disappear, all you questions will be answered in the course of the story..........so keep reading.........and yes, complete the target soon to get the next one

Precap Spoilers will be posted on my insta Ac : DayDreamer2490

TARGET : 165 VOTES

Book Two : Emboldened (Completed)✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें