Chapter 6

It was late afternoon and Sachio was just finishing up for the day when he heard the sound of galloping. He looked up just in time to see a Chestnut mare stop in front of the forge with a face he didn't think he would be seeing again.

"Jaxen?"

His family butler ran up to him and hugged him "Sachio! Thank goodness we found you!"

Sachio tried to find his words but before he could say anything Maleakhi came running out of the house, his hammer in hand, "Where's the danger?!" he exclaimed.

"Whoa, whoa." Sachio immediatly cut off, looking at his friend, "Calm monkey wrench. There's no danger. Calm down." he said then he turned back to Jaxen "What are you doing here?"

Jaxen's face was grim, "When your father found out you left, he was extremely worried--"

"Don't even lie Jaxen." Sachio cloy replied, "He doesn't care about me. He cares about the company."

Jaxen had the decency to look ashamed, "Even so, he wouldn't do anything if it didn't concern finding you, because of that he's fallen ill and your aunt, Amelie had to take over running the company."

Sachio’s eyes immediately widened "What?! Aunt Amelie?!  Why?! She'll turn the business into the head of black market action!"

Maleakhi cleared his throat loudly causing the butler and his old master to look at him "I don't appreciate being ignored so would you tell me what's going on?" he turned to Sachio, "First of all, who the hell is this?" he asked while pointing an accusing finger at Jaxen, "He looks like a nobleman! People like him don't mix with us, lower class."

Sachio was silent for a few seconds. "He's... My family's butler." he admitted slowly.

Maleakhi's eyes widened before he narrowed it and stared at Jaxen, he returned his gaze at Sachio and crossed his arms, doubt reflecting in his eyes, "And the 'business'?"

Sachio looked down at his feet."My family runs a boutique."

If it was possible for Maleakhi's glare to be even more intense it would have been. "Hey, Sachio. What's your last name? Your REAL last name."

"..."

"So?!"

"It's... Arnault" as soon as the words left his mouth Sachio felt a hard sting on his cheek. He looked up slowly. Maleakhi's face was a mixture of suprise, disbelieve, and pure unprocessed fury.

"You're telling me, all this time, you're actually a nobleman?!" Mal shouted "All this time? And you just..  Left?! Because you didn't want to run the very company that made you as rich as you are now?! What kind of selfish idiot are you?!" Sachio didn't asnwer that.

"Oh, so I guess now you want to go back?" Mal spat. He saw the look on Sachio’s face and huffed "Well fine. Leave. I never liked you anyway."

Sachio turned around to leave. What else could he do? He knew no amount of words can change Maleakhi's mind and he needed to get back to the mansion anyway. At least he's letting him go. He was about to climb on to the horse with Jaxen when he saw Maleakhi still looking at him from a far.

"How fun is it to fool poor people Sachio? You sick bastard." He saw Maleakhi mouthed before turning around and stomping away, "Don't forget to pay the forfeit, your majesty." He shouted.

He replied with a small 'hm'. Slightly sad that Maleakhi thought to low of him.

"Let's go" he told Jaxen and as the horse galloped away from the village, the last thing Sachio saw was Maleakhi busying himself with work, as if he was never there.