Chapter 11

By the time Sachio finished his project, he estimated it was about two in the morning. He stood up and cracked his back, admiring his work.
Not half bad for something made without some of the fancier tools back home. He was about to retreat to bed when out of the corner of his eye, he saw something jump down from the window sill. He turned around and he had to rub his eyes to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. Some pieces of leftover fabric on the table were moving. He slowly approached the desk and grabbed the piece of fabric. Under it was a person no higher than his thumb. He grabbed the other pieces of fabric and revealed more little people under it. They're pixies, he realized when a small voice near the window shouted "He found us! Run!"

Immediately they all ran for the window. Sachio found himself scrambling after them after he recovered from the initial shock. For people so small they were remarkably agile. When he finally had the common sense to just close the window, almost all of them had escaped. He counted about five of them still inside, three boys and two girls, all cowering on the table.

One of the girls stepped forward, "It was my idea sir. They had no intention of stealing your fabric, I dragged them into it so please let them go." she pleaded.

Sachio picked up the girl and all her friends screamed in terror. The poor cresture looked like she was about to faint but tried her best to look brave.
He examined the pixie, she was about as tall as his hand and had slightly pointier ears than the average human but what really stuck up about her were her clothes.

Absolutely horrendous.

The dress she was wearing was ragged and there were even torn in some places. It's color might've been red at some point but it's so speckled with mud, dirt, and grime it was hard to tell. Sachio gave it a disapproving look. Then he focused back on the pixies face.

"Why were you trying to steal my fabric?" he asked.

The pixie's face turned red "Well-well you see sir, we thought-I thought it'd make more decent garments. " she stammered.

When he heard this, Sachio sighed and rubbed his eyes. "If you wanted new clothes, you could've just asked." he told the little pixie as he placed her back down on the table.

The pixie looked at him with a confused look as she slinked back to where her friends were. Sachio grabbed some paper and a pencil. "So, do all of you want a dress or a waistcoat and some pants?"

Soon, Sachio had fitted all five pixies with new, cleaner, more well-made outfits of their choosing.

"Wow, these are great! Thanks a lot mister!" one of the boys said as he did a little twirl in his new dress (Sachio thought that was a little strange but decided to let him be). The others nodded in agreement.

Sachio smiled and looked out the window. The sun was already rising. He silently cursed under his breath, he got so sidetracked, there wasn't enough time to wash and dry the clothes he'd made for Mal.

He felt a small tug on his sleeve and saw the pixie that he'd picked up earlier staring at him. "What's wrong sir?" she asked.

Sachio shook his head "Nothing, it's just that I need to wash and dry these clothes I made for my friend and I'm afraid I don't have enough time."

The pixie's face brightened up and she laughed "Well, if that's all it is, we can help you sir. If you wash them now, we'll make sure they'll be dry in no time!"

They followed Sachio down to the river where he washed the clothes. After he was finished, the pixies led him to an open field. They disappeared into the grass before emerging from the forest a few minutes later on top of a white horse.