That is a weird illness

"How are you guys finding so many relics lying around in this planet?" I asked. "We had scouts from the Goblin Khan's minions but now we've lost contact from them" he explained. The golem handed something to the gryphon then picked out another small pebble that he nibbled on. "Ev, here" the gyphon handed Ev something rectangular. "What is it?" she examined the rectangular thin glowing stone. "But what do we do with it?" Darryl asked, "But it looks like it has two rune marks. We all gathered around to see what it was. "It originally had" the golem interrupted us. "We don't know how it works, really. It's been glowing since we've found it" the gryphon responded. "Maybe if I_" Ev said as she tried to knock on it, pound it and smash it down on the floor. "It won't work. "We've also tried what you did" the golem took another bite on it's pebble food. The stone kept on glowing and emanating every few seconds but Ev's patience was also kinda going away. "That's it" she furiously said while grasping on the stone. A flashing light exploded right in our faces while Ev screamed in pain.

Everyone was affected and the objects inside the room sounded like they were all hurled away from us. The bright light faded after a few seconds and I saw myself outside of the room, with the golem at my head. I didn't feel like I was blown back, neither the feeling of crashing onto the wall so suddenly. My back ached and both of my arms felt sore. Some of the feathers on my wings look crooked so I plucked them off one by one. I put the golem down, fortunately, it was still breathing. I entered the dim room and to my surprise, Ev was the one who was glowing and the stone on her hand disappeared. "Ev, Ev, get up" I muttered weakly. Ev, stayed unconscious while the others were really hurt bad. I heard a noise from the far left of the room and some cluttered wood planks on him. "Ow, ow, ow" he groaned while pushing off some of the wood planks on him.

The gryphon stood up next, brushing off some dust on his feathers and Elwin, the last to awaken, was covered in talismans, scrollsand books, sparking with blue and yellow small bolts. "The hell happened?" Elwin touched his head. We gathered around Ev who was shivering from where she was lying down. With a click of the gryphon's fingers, the flames on the candles appeared again and the blast that affected us all looked devastating inside the room. 'Good thing the explosion was just contained in this room, huh?" I sounded relieved. "Sure it is" the gryphon replied. Ev started to cough hard and both me and Darryl knelt down to her aid. "Ev! Ev! What happened?" Darryl asked her. The golem, standing by the door that used to be there, ran to us. "No! Don't go near her!" the golem shouted. But it was too late, before we could even hear it, Ev exploded once again, but this time it felt really hot. I hit the door way or the side of the door way and some of my wings singed then I crashed on the stone brick wall again. The gryphon blocked Ev's fiery explosion while Darryl was thrown from another spot in the room. I stood up quick enough to see what had happened to Ev. The golem was right by the door and the gryphon standing by Ev.