Sky chasers

I pulled Elwin into the janitor's room before Ev can throw another punch. "Hey, what the-" he complained. "Hey, it's that elf guy from the-" Elwin covered his mouth before Darryl could speak even further. "From where?" Ev asked. "None of your business" Elwin said the he stood up, "Max...well, she's not surprised". "Well, we kinda spilled the beans a bit" I turned my head. "what the hell" he uttered, "Do you realize that the council will come for you?". "The council still doesn't know" Darryl said. "Ohh, they will" Elwin replied. "Hey, hey, excuse me, I'm right here. You guys talking about a council kind of thing and I think I deserve to know" Ev demanded. Elwin walked out of the room while we followed him. There were a few students peeking through the hallways and Elwin entered the cafeteria. "Elwin, where do you think you're going?" I asked him while grabbing his arm. 

"I'm going report back to the council" he said as he spread his wings out and he walks towards the broken windows. "Elwin, wait! Some creatures just attacked us and we also got killed, humans mostly" I specified clearly. "what creatures, huh?" he asked. "I-I don't know, green small furry creatures, I guess" I responded. Elwin's expression didn't seem amused. "I'm telling" he launched out of the window and up to the sky. "That's it" I said while turning into my gryphon form. "Max!" Darryl's voice calling out to me faded as I followed behind Elwin who was just slowly soaring in the sky. He noticed me from the loud flapping wings and he sped a bit faster. "Max, it's no use, I'm faster than you" he said. He pulled out a regular gun from his satchel bag and he aimed it right at me. As he pulled the trigger, I steered right, evading the bullet which had pink sparkling effects trailing it. "What the-" I gazed on the bullet as it passed right beside me. 

The bullet shot off and then Elwin shot another one out. "What the freak is that!?" I reacted dodging more bullets than Elwin had fired. "Pixinite bullets..." he remarked pulling the trigger and shooting off another one. Elwin put his gun back to his satchel bag then returned to his flight. I didn't even realize that we were out of the clouds when we both gazed upon the Fortress. It was floating as easy all always. "I'm gonna get there first" Elwin interrupted my thoughts then I chased after him again. The heating sun made it easy for my feathers to come off but it was soon enough for them to turn me bald. We reached the point where the large statues chased after the both of us and until, we've made it into the castle part. Elwin threw a small ball and a portal popped out. I figured the portal closed when he entered so, I sped towards him and I charged right after him, missing his angle at making it right into the Fortress. "Alright, just let me explain!" I told him as I pinned him to the ground.