Chapter thirteen: the surprise

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Naruko

Ⓣhe fights were done. Naruto surprisingly won over Neji, Gaara and Sasuke's fight got interrupted and it all ended up in chaos. The Chunin Exam wouldn't continue and that meant that the people who didn't live in this village would leave soon.

I felt all depressed thinking of it and didn't want to talk to anybody.

"I have to tell you something Naruko," I heard a voice say. "What is it?" I asked and he took a deep breath.

I sighed and glanced up a I met gaze with Sasuke. "It's kind of a big deal for me and please don't make fun of me," he started and looked me straight in the eyes. "Don't make a joke out of this."

I chuckled and gave him a soft smile. "Of course I won't. Even I can get serious sometimes," I replied and he smiled to himself.

"Hn." Of course.

"Can you please get started? I'm getting rather impatient," I nagged and frowned at him. He smiled again and nodded.

"I don't know when it started and I can't help it. I - I actually have feelings for you," he muttered and looked down at the ground, a bit shyly.

"What's a big deal with that? We're best friends for ever, right?" I joked, but he just glared at me.

"You promised not to joke." I looked down, disappointed at myself. I was such an idiot.

"Sorry. Please continue."

"I don't only have feelings for being friends. I..." He took a quick pause and looked me straight in the eyes. Don't tell me...? "I love you, Naruko."

I couldn't help but to just stare speechless at him. Sasuke, out of everyone, was the least person I'd expect to get a confession from.

And I must've broken some kind of record already: three different people had confessed to me in one week or something; either I was beginning to become very popular with the boys or... I didn't know what else, because I certainly didn't know what the hell was going on.

I guess I could accept that Kiba had feelings for me by more than friends and it's understandable and he said it's okay I didn't return his feelings, but Sasuke? Seriously? It's Uchiha Sasuke we're talking about - he couldn't have feelings for me.

"Y - You're joking, right? I mean, it's not possible?" I muttered, but he shook his head.

"It's the truth." I felt like I was going to pass out from shock, but I managed to stay on my feet. I couldn't get more shocked than I was at this moment. Uchiha Sasuke just confessed to me! What should I had done?

"Uhm, thank...you," I pressed out and his gaze raised and met mine. "But, I'm in love with Gaara. We're kind of having a...thing," was all I could say. Being in this kind of position was really hard. I didn't know what to do, nor say.

If I'd just say one sentence, or even one word wrong, everything was over. It was Sasuke we're talking about.

I didn't want to flatter myself, but I didn't want to break another heart. And I still wanted to be friends with him. He surprisingly had a kind heart. One broken heart was enough, even though it looked like he's taking it better than I thought he would.

"I really don't know what to say, other than I'm sorry. But still... Thank you."

He nodded slowly his head, but I could see his pain through his facade. He turned around and walked away; I saw some tears dripping down onto the ground as he walked.