Chapter seven: Makoto Amon

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Naruko 

Ⓘ think there's a good thing with being obsessed with jelly beans and always have them with me; they bring me good luck. My team passed the second exam even though it was tough as hell. Mostly Sasuke saved me several times, and sometimes Naruto as well.

Flash-back

I hid behind some bushes and watched the enemy research our camp place. We noticed the enemy's chakra closing on us so we decided to hide. Sakura was behind a tree, around fifteen feet away from me. Sasuke was above me in a tree. Naruto was even further away than Sakura, but he transformed himself into a small rock behind a massive rock.

"It's obvious they were here a moment ago," one of them said and searched for us. He was looking in my direction, but it didn't seem like he spotted me.

"Kill them if you find them," another said, which seemed like the leader of their team and the most dangerous one too.

"Ah," he muttered, added a nod and continued searching for us. After a few minutes, he turned back and walked in the same direction as the other guy was. I breathed out in relief, but I was too soon.

"Peekaboo, I see you," he said as he appeared behind me. He took me off guard and I had no time to defend myself, as he was way too fast. He was about to stab me with a kunai, but then I heard someone yell.

"Naruko!" I looked up and saw a shadow closing up to me, but since the bush was in the way I didn't see the person. "Katon: Goukakyuu no Jutsu!" I listened to the voice and realised it was Sasuke.

"S - Sasuke?" I muttered and when I looked over my shoulder I didn't see the guy behind me anymore. Sasuke just saved me.

I got up and saw the guy in the big flame from Sasuke's jutsu. I turned around and looked at my teammate. "T - thanks. I owe you one," I said and smiled at him.

"Hn." He had an empty look, but I could see a small hint of pink shade on his cheeks.

"Don't act so tough, I know you care about me," I teased at his pink colour became more visible.

"Don't get ahead of yourself! You're on my team and Anko clearly said that if anyone on the same team dies or doesn't pass, none of their teammates pass either. And yes, you owe me one."

I giggled and shook my head for myself. "Cold." 

End of flash-back

"Sasuke?" I asked as we were walking towards the third exam. He glanced over at me with a questioning look.

"Thanks for saving me, more than once. I know I shouldn't have to be saved and I let my guard down several times."

He sighed and placed his hands in his pockets. "How many times do you plan on thanking me? You have already done it at least ten times already."

I blushed and giggled at myself. "Maybe a hundred more?" I joked and he smiled. "I don't know, but if it wasn't for you, I'd be dead. I'm just grateful."

He looked at me, and then forwards again. "Just don't let your guard down again, yeah? That's a bad habit of yours." I nodded and stared sadly onto the ground.

Since there were more teams that passed than the leaders originally thought, we're having two parts in the third exam. We'd randomly be set up towards each other and we had to fight until the opponent either gave up or couldn't continue the battle from unconsciousness or death. We all had to wait and watch the battles go up.