Chapter 18: Morning After

Mulai dari awal

Wait...

I frown. "I never said I was ready for a child," I turn to look at him. "I'm not."

He observes me without a word, even though I can feel tension build up inside him and my heart races as he glowers over me. His butt still naked, but there's no trace of shame or timidity from his side, of course.

"Why did you beg me then to come inside you last night?"

"What? I did no such thing..." Then I realize... When I said 'please...' 
"I was referring to 'please wait'," I yell. "No please come inside!" Now I'm panicked. "Oh my God..." I don't feel well. Werewolves are very fertile as it is, especially mates. "Did you?" I ask with a shaky voice.

His breathing is rugged and he looks at me with anger. "Why do speak of it as if it disgusts you?"

"Darius!" I scoff. "I don't want to a child, yet," I add seeing the hurt and rage in his face.

"What's wrong with you?" he glowers ever more. "Why don't you want to have a child with your own God-damn mate?"

So that's what it's all about. Werewolf men and their offspring - a very sensitive topic. He was waiting for me to say I wanted children - one that will be heirs to the brutal Carter pack - before he even reveals this secret to me.

"Is that what you were waiting for?" I scoff with anger. "To make me pregnant and then ensure I'm a prisoner before you tell me God-knows what?" I'm furious now. "Who knows if I'll want to stay after hearing it?"

"A prisoner?" He shuts his eyes swiftly, clenching his jaw, his anger filling up the room. I wait for his next move calmly.

When he opens his eyes, I can see them a shade darker. He clutches my sheet and comes right into my face. "You're not a prisoner. You're a Luna. Or at least you should be one. You wanna leave? Where? To that fuckin' blondie?"

Now I'm pissed. "Don't you dare talk bad about him," I tighten my jaw, my nostrils flaring. "I'm not a prisoner?" I scoff. "So, what? You'd just let me leave even if I was pregnant?" Yeah right.

He pierces me with murderous eyes. "Like I said, you're free to go wherever the fuck you want. But if you're carrying my child, my child stays with me," his voice is authoritative. "Is that clear?"

"It would be our child," I hiss. "Not yours."

"Which part is unclear to you?" he rips my sheet apart now. "My child will be raised by my side! It belongs here. And you belong here, too. But if that's a problem for you, I'll make sure you get a proper send-off back to the hill-billies."

"First of all!" I shout into his face, "Don't you dare threaten me! And second... you're the hill-billie, not humans!"
Ian would never speak to me like this. This is borderline fucking abuse.

He lets go of me. "If I'm a hill-billie, you're a hill-billie. You're one of us, Lila. No matter how hard you try not to be."

"I never said I wanted to be human," I sigh now in desperation, "Nor did I want you to knock me up a few days after meeting you," I almost cry now. "But if you did... and if you want me to stay, I demand to be treated like an equal."