Chapter Two

"I used to think I was better alone"

-One Direction, Rock Me

-Chapter Two-

"Only you could be so bloody stupid!" Mycroft growls, falling down into his chair with a groan of frustration.

Sherlock just nods, no stranger to feeling dumb around his older brother. Feeling like such a disappointment, time and time again.

He'd known from the beginning it was stupid but never did he imagine that this would happen.

It should be a dream come true, really. He was pregnant with the baby of the man he loved, the only person he'd ever been with.

Yet, it wasn't a dream come true. Because James wasn't here.

James wasn't in his life any more. He and Jim had gone their separate ways. Not even each other's enemies any longer. Just people, that used to be something but were now nothing.

He hadn't so much as hard about Jim since the day he chose to walk out and never go back.

"I didn't know" Sherlock says softly as he leans back into the chair, wishing he could melt away.

Mycroft huffs "Clearly." A pause. Sherlock screwed his eyes shut, knowing what was coming next. "Dear God, Sherlock, how could you be so careless? Others in our family have the ability, did it not occur to you that you might as well?"

Sherlock barely musters up the energy to glare at the older Holmes. "No, it didn't"

Uncle Rudy, the cross dresser, the oddball among oddballs, had the ability to get pregnant. He'd had a child in fact, with a man named Charles.

One person in their Goddamned family wasn't enough for Sherlock think he could be one of the few men able to conceive. He was a little too busy pretending the sex had meant nothing to even consider the possibility.

Mycroft runs a hand over his face, letting out a sigh. He pulls his phone out and begins tapping out a message.

"I'll have Anthea arrange an appointment at a clinic for you"

Sherlock frowns, sitting up straighter and openly showing how bemused he was. "I've already had a scan, two days ago, why would I go for another?"

There's a moment where Mycroft just stares at his younger brother, as if trying to assess whether or not he was messing around.

"Not that kind of clinic, brother mine. A clinic to get rid of it." Mycroft smirks.

Sherlock stands straight away, shaking his head and resting a single hand over his only just bulging stomach. "I am not getting rid of her!"

Mycroft's smirk drops immediately, his eyes losing the twinkle they held when arguing with Sherlock. He grew disturbingly serious and Sherlock fought the urge to sink back down and nod like an obedient child would.

"Sherlock, listen to me, you are not prepared for a child. In your life, a child has no place. And let's not forget that it will also be the spawn of a man that should not walk this Earth" He spoke quietly. Deadly quiet.

Sherlock ignores how his anger flared at the comment about Jim and focuses on the discussion of his child.

"She will also be my child, Mycroft. I'm not getting rid of her, not before or after she's born" Sherlock sticks his chin out, ever stubborn.

He steps out from the chair and makes his way to the door, not planning on pausing but getting stopped by Mycroft's voice.

"Do not come to me if this ruins your life, brother dearest" Mycroft says, bitter sweet.