Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Song Themes For This Chapter: Forbidden – This Century; Two Princes – Spin Doctors

Rose

I bite my lip as I glance down at Louis’ hand from the corner of my eye.  He’s staring straight ahead  with a content expression maybe if I just gently slide my hand into his, he’ll automatically link his fingers in between mine.

I carefully but quickly slide my hand into his, only to have him pull his hand free and continue walking.  He doesn’t change his expression or turn to look at me.  It’s as if nothing happened.

“Why do you do that?”  I muster up the courage to ask.

“Do what?”  He frowns at me.

I start to play with my fingers nervously.  “Pull your hand away when I try to hold it…”

“Oh, I don’t know.  I just don’t want to hold hands.”  He responds flatly.

I feel uneasy as a result of his actions and his tone.  I figure it’s best to just forget it.  I just wish he would talk to me; I know there’s an underlying reason for his actions, but he’s not telling me what it is.

“Hey.”

I peer up at him, eyeing him curiously.  He’s shifted to stand in front of me, hand reaching up to barely touch the side of my face.

He smiles and presses his lips firmly to mine.  His hands slide up my back as he presses me into his chest.  His lips are forceful, demanding control over my lips; he roughly tugs and nips at my bottom lip.  I grant his tongue access, assuming that’s what he wanted and slightly hoping that would make him ease up a little.

I almost feel like I’m going to lose my balance even though he’s got me pressed to his chest securely; I put my hands on his shoulders, feeling the bare skin around the straps of his tank top.  With one last rough tug of my bottom lip, he pulls away leaving me gasping for breath.

My eyes slowly open, my head is spinning.  I blankly stare at him unable to form a coherent thought in my dazed state.

He’s smirking proudly, taking note of the effect he has on me.

“Come on.”  He says, withdrawing his presence from me as he struts away, expecting me to follow him.  And he knows I will.

***

“Where are we going?”  I ask.  We’ve been walking for a good twenty minutes without much conversation at all.

“I’ll know when we get there.”  He says simply.  Is that excitement I hear in his voice?

“Louis?”

“Yes, Rose?”  His seemingly happy tone gives me confidence.

“Can we… talk?”

He snickers.  “We are talking, Rose.”

I let out a nervous chuckle.  “I meant… tell me about you.”  I bite my lip, anxious for his response.

He stops walking and turns to look at me.  He’s wearing a stern look but he doesn’t seem angry, he seems slightly confused.

His expression suddenly softens as he shrugs.  “What do you want to know?”

“Uh… what’s your favourite colour?”