Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Song Themes For This Chapter: Cry Me A River – Justin Timberlake; Heart Heart Heartbreak – Boys Like Girls

 — Rose

“Are you even going to say anything, Rose?!”  Peter shouts.

“Peter, please lower your voice, my parents might hear you.”  I pleaded desperately.  I knew this would probably make him angrier but I’d hoped he’d have the decency to at least lower his voice a little.

I saw him clench his hands into fists as he bit his lip harshly.  He always did that when he was trying to control his anger, he maintained his anger well but I could see how hard it was for him.

“You came from that same direction when I found you crying that one day.”  He speculates, thankfully in a lower voice.

I could feel the tears burning in my eyes as I tried to hold them back.  What could I say?  He was right and he was slowly putting everything together.

“You were with him, weren’t you?”  He questions.  His cold gaze causing me to gulp nervously.

“With who?”  I dimly replied, my voice cracking and barely audible.

He exhaled through his nose before raising his voice again.  “With HIM, Rose!  You were with that guy that you brought to your parents’ party as your date instead of me, weren’t you?!”

My bottom lip quivered as the tears spilled from my eyes.

“Answer me!”  He hollered.

“Yes!”  I cried out.

“I want to hear you say it.”  Peter replies coldly.

I shake my head as I blurt out, “Yes, I was with him!  I was with Louis!”

He purses his lips as he looks around before his eyes find me again.  His expression is serious, cold.  It’s not like the look Louis often wears.  Peter’s expression is serious and angered.  I can’t blame him, it’s all my fault for not coming clean to him in the first place, for not breaking up with him before hurting him this way.

Louis

Rose took much longer than expected to get home and I hadn’t heard from her.  I was really worried so I decided to walk the path to her house in the hopes of either finding her still walking home…or anywhere…it didn’t matter where, I just hoped I’d find her and that she was okay.

I made it all the way to Rose’s house; I was just about to turn the corner when a man came into view causing me to step back and carefully peek around to see what was going on.  I could tell by the blond hair that the guy was Peter.  Rose was a few feet away from him, her back facing me.  Thank God she was alright.  But what the hell was he doing there?

I couldn’t make out what either of them were saying but Peter was shouting something at her.  The fuck was his problem?

Peter went silent and looked down, his fists were clenched.

My heart lurched at the sound of a choked sob that I could immediately tell it was coming from Rose.

She said something to him quietly, she was definitely crying.  Fuck, why couldn’t they talk louder?!

Peter wasn’t saying anything, he wouldn’t even looking at her.

I whipped back around, pressing my back against the brick.  He knew.  About us.  About what she had done.  And despite how angry he looked he was probably going to forgive her.  Rose played me.  She fooled me again into thinking that she actually chose me over him.  Again.