Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Songs For This Chapter: Why Don’t We Go There? by One Direction; Stay by Rihanna

Louis

I moved my legs as fast as I could, pumping my fists to make me run faster.  I didn’t want to let my mind wander for even a second to wonder what was wrong.  I knew it was bad and that was enough. 

As I neared the warehouse, two men fighting came into view.  I could tell by the tattoos on his arm that one of them was Liam.

“HEY!”  I shouted as I caught up to them.  I throw my fist under the stomach of the man attacking Liam, giving him a forceful punch and sending him staggering backwards.

Zayn came rushing over to stand by us as I turned to Liam.  “What the hell is going on here?!”

“They’ve got Niall and Harry.”  Liam stated quickly.

I huffed and gave them a hard glare.  “How the hell did they get them?!”

“Hey Tommo.”

I turned to glare at the person whom that familiar, cocky voice had come from.

“Andy.  I thought I smelt ass.”  I reply with a smirk.

He snickers and steps closer to us.  “Do you really think your snarky remarks are a good idea when I have two of your boys tied up in my van?”  He asks, gesturing behind him with his thumb towards the black van.  I noticed two other men standing on either side of the van as well.

Andy was taller than me and a bit more built but I didn’t care.  He knew I wouldn’t go down easy but he was also confident in his strength.  His other two men were about the same build as him.

My lips quickly flattened into a tight line as I gave him a hard look.  “Let them go.  Now.”

“You just expect me to let them go because you tell me to?  What’s the matter, Tommo?  Too chicken to fight ba-”

I grunted as I threw my fist into his jaw with as much force as I could channel my anger into.  His head flung to the side as he hunched over slightly.  I could see a bit of blood dripping from his lip.

“Stop calling me ‘Tommo’.”  I said through gritted teeth.  “Only my boys get to call me that.”

He grinned; blood seeping into the cracks between his teeth. 

“The hell are you smiling at?!”  I snapped.

He suddenly grabbed the ends of my jean jacket and whipped me around until I was pinned to the ground with him hovering over me, throwing punches at me repeatedly.  I could see Zayn and Liam near my feet, about to come to my rescue but Andy’s other two men came charging at them, preventing them from helping me.

Rose

“Are you alright, babe?”

“What?”  I replied dully.  Peter must have been talking to me all this time but I wasn’t paying attention.  I wasn’t ignoring him on purpose, my mind was just unfortunately occupied with Louis’ hasty exit from the coffee shop.

He didn’t even look at me before he left.  Not that I cared.  But why did he leave so quickly?  Was he alright?  Was something wrong?  As much as I’d like to think he felt bad for coming there and watching me with Peter that he finally decided to leave, I had a gut feeling that his reason for leaving had nothing to do with me.  I was concerned.  And for the record, my concern has nothing to do with anything that’s happened between Louis and I.  I was simply concerned for him.  I just wanted to know if everything was alright.