Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Song Theme For This Chapter: Your Love – Shane Harper

Rose

“What did I do now?”  Louis huffs, throwing his hands up.

“Why don’t you figure it out?  I’ll give you a hint, it’s not that hard to figure out.”  I cross my arms over my chest, shifting my weight to one side.

“I didn’t do half of the stuff I wanted to do to him!  And I used the ‘b word’, I thought you’d be happy.”  I catch a flicker of sadness in his eyes before he turns his head.

“I would have been happy, but I know you only said that to rub it in Peter’s face.”  I purse my lips, raising my eyebrows as I wait for him to either confirm or deny it.

Louis shakes his head, averting his eyes and glaring off into the distance.

I sigh, letting my shoulders droop.  “You know what, just forget it.  There’s no point trying to make you understand and I don’t want to fight for once.”

I slowly drop into a sitting position on the grass, resting my elbows on my knees and my head in one of my hands.

I see Louis’ converse sneakers walk over to me and I catch him out of the corner of my eye sitting down beside me.  I refuse to look at him.

“Tell me what to do.  Tell me what I can do to fix this.”  He softly whispers.

I merely shrug.  He can figure it out for himself.

We fall into a silence.  I can still see Louis sitting beside me out of the corner of my eye but I continue to resist the urge to look at him.

“Hey.  Before… this happened, I was going to take you somewhere.  Let’s go, maybe it’ll raise your spirits.”

I look up at him to see him smiling hopefully.  I don’t feel like we’ve resolved anything and I feel like he’s just looking for something to distract me with.

I give him a small nod and he picks himself up from the ground and waits for me to do the same.  My heart can’t help but be slightly disappointed that he didn’t hold his hand out for me or something.  Oh right, he doesn’t like to hold hands.  I should stop expecting these things from him, it was starting to put me in a rut.

My feet grow tired after a while from the walking and I start to drag my feet along. 

“Down here.”  Louis’ voice alerts me as he walks down some hidden area.  I frown in confusion but I follow him anyway.

When I catch up to Louis, he’s stopped and I come up to stand beside him, my jaw dropping at the sight.

“What is this place?”  I ask in amazement, my eyes searching all around us. 

We were in what appears to be a tunnel of some sort.  A very wide and long tunnel.  There’s nothing in here and to some it’s probably nothing to be excited about but despite its old and dingy appeal, it was intriguing to me.  Like a huge hideout place underground.

“It’s an air raid tunnel.  It was used during World War II for shelter from bombs and stuff.”  Louis informs.

I turn to look at him in awe.  “It’s nothing fancy, I’ll admit.  But it’s really interesting, including the history behind it.”

He smiles.  “I agree.”

Louis takes a few steps closer to me and there’s something in his eyes.  Lust