Epilogue

Love 15

Author's Note This is the first fic in "onefrozenheart's TENNIS AU❤️." Six more the come after this, you can find on the details in the guide on my page.

With time my writing has improved exponentially since originally writing this, but I'd still rate 015, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart.

Please don't @ me about trashing some controversial opinions regarding Poland. I am Polish born and bred, so I feel like my opinions are justified.

FYI, Italics, different language, should be self explanatory, normal, in English; just in terms of conversation.(Excluding texting)

Disclaimer Fabricated filaments of my imagination.

She nervously glances up at the brightly lit signage, before she resumes her pacing back and forth, teeth deep within her bottom lip as she eyeballs the ground.

Poznań–Ławica certainly isn't the largest airport in Poland, but it is the closest one to Maja's place of residence and takes only a half hour drive north, up a general highway

Poznań–Ławica certainly isn't the largest airport in Poland, but it is the closest one to Maja's place of residence and takes only a half hour drive north, up a general highway. It also tends to be a little less busy than the more mainstream airports such as Gdańsk, so Dominic and Maja shouldn't be harassed by the media or the public too much, or so they hope.

Since the conclusion of the Australian Open, both Maja and Dominic returned home for a week and a half before planning on reuniting were he visits her on her home turf right before she continues her singles tour in Doha and he in Delray Beach. The two of them have synchronised their calendars in terms of where they're are playing, as much as their teams have allowed them to. However, the first tournament that they will be attending together won't be until Miami in late March.

She looks up once more and does a double take. In the middle of the airport she catches a glimpse of him among the sea of people all filing out from the small exit point. There he stands, an Adidas bag over his shoulder and his smile wide. Dominic. Maja quickly threads through the bodies, apologising under her breath each time she bumps into another individual.

When they are no less than a foot apart she throws her arms over his shoulders and embraces him tightly, his hands comfortably find her waist and wrap round it.

"Hi," she says, bearing a grin from ear to ear. "How was the flight?"

"Hey, yeah good," he responds as he kisses her on the nose and his fingers tips find hers. "I've missed you."

"Me too, you have no idea Dom," she replies, burrowing her face into his jacket. She breathes in the familiarity of him that she's grown to know. The smell of his cologne, warmth that always just seems to be radiating of his skin, and the rough touch of his forever callused fingertips. "Just-- So much."