Chapter Three

Love 15

Author's Note Another addition to this fic; although Milos was the OG love of my tennis live, Dominic is definitely up there as well.

FYI, Italics, different language, should be self explanatory, normal, in English; just in terms of conversation.(Excluding texting)

Disclaimer Fabricated filaments of my imagination. I'd also like it to be highlighted that I am not an IT professional, all photoshop, is me making the best out of the $55 AUD I accidentally spent on a image editing program.

Dominic is struggling a little with his serve this morning when Maja enters the practice court. There is something about it that doesn't feel... right. Perhaps it is his foot movement or the fact that his shoulders feel tight, or maybe it is because he isn't getting over the ball enough when the racket head comes down.

Both Maja and Dominic had a successful singles runs yesterday, with neither of them dropping a set so he can't quite put his finger on what isn't working today for him.

"Morning stranger," says Maja, dropping her belongings onto the ground next to his. "I'm sorry I didn't respond to your message yesterday, in my own little world, you know."

"It's vine," he says, serving another ball, which again hits the white tape and barely pops over the net.

"Rough morning?" asks Maja, sitting down on the concrete, as she begins her stretches.

"My serve isn't happening for me today," says Dominic, tossing another ball.

"Relax," says Maja, "your shoulders seem to be tight, that is what is shortening the drop of your racket down your back."

"I'm try-ing."

"Dip more," she instructs. His next ball hits the sweet spot of his racket and skims the center service line.

"There you go," says Maja. "I think you're just tensing up."

"I felt tight when I got out of bed this morning," considers Dominic. "I must have slept crooked."

"I guess we have practice to attend to now, but I'm sure your physio can sort you out before your next singles match?" says Maja. "Maybe we should we start heading over to show court seven?"

"Just a few more balls," says Dominic, running forward to hunt down the ball as he swings through, and with success as it lands well in between the lines.

"I see your hand is feeling better, did the bandaging help at all?" asks Maja.

"Actually it got vet in the show-er, I asked someone else to do it but I didn't have the same freedom in my 'ands."

"Is that you suggesting that you'd like me to do it again?" asks Maja. "Happy to do so if you want me to."

"Please," he says, walking towards her. He places his racket on the ground and reveals his patchy raw hand. "I would like you to."

"Don't get used to it," she teases, tearing open the plastic. "Or I might need to start charging you for my services."

"Hey, that's not fair! We're a team."

She tries to not react too visibly to the collective noun, but can't help it and bites back a grin.

"There," says Maja, releasing his grasp. It must be her imagination playing tricks on her, but it seems like he keeps the contact a second or two longer than required.