Chapter Two

Love 15

Author's Note Hey.

FYI, Italics, different language, should be self explanatory, normal, in English; just in terms of conversation.(Excluding texting)

Disclaimer Fabricated filaments of my imagination.

The guilt is not on her chest but inside her brain. The previous days events are like a VCR on rewind. What she has done, she cannot simply undo.

It was only a kiss but she is certain that Bernard had taken it as more than that.

They sat on his bed after the accidental snogging and watched an action movie on Netflix. He kept attempting to pull her in close but she reasons to stay on her side of the bed. Maja kept fidgeting and moving, as well as constantly excusing herself to the bathroom which caused Bernard's rather insistent moves to become awkward. They didn't even finish the movie before Maja announced that she was tired and had to call it a night, the faint taste of wine still on her tongue as she returned to her room.

Pushing her hair out of her face, Maja checks the time as her alarm that has only just finishes sounding. She is due on the practice courts in forty minutes with her new mix doubles partner, Dominic Thiem. Before this occurs though, She needs to even up the score with Bernard, especially after spending most of her post game press conference yesterday convincing everyone that there indeed isn't anything going on between them. 

Maja opens her Snapchat, looking straight down the lens of the camera.

Bernard replies a few minutes later with a photo of a weights rack at the gym, with a caption suggesting that they see each other at about seven that evening

Bernard replies a few minutes later with a photo of a weights rack at the gym, with a caption suggesting that they see each other at about seven that evening. She is about to take another selfie to confirm the time, but that is when she receives a message from Angelique.

Angie Kerber 7:21 am
Are the rumours true?! Are you really playing with Dominic in the doubles?

   Maja Sówka 7:22 am
Wow, news travels fast but yes. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I ended up getting to bed pretty early.

Angie Kerber 7:23 am
I can't believe that! How did that happen? I mean everyone knows what happened to Jerzy but I would have assumed you would have just pulled out!

Maja Sówka 7:25 am
Yeah, you and I both. Don't even get me started. I can't believe it myself. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I have a training session this morning and our first match is early arvo. wtf!! 😩

Angie Kerber 7:26 am
Good luck!!

Maja Sówka 7:28 am
Trust me, I'll need it x