Wide Awake

Bang has already improved a lot. It's been days since she woke up. She's continuously going through therapy to fully regain her motor skills. She is still in the hospital.

She and her mom just came from the therapy when they entered the room.

"Higa ka muna 'nak. Alam kong napagod ka," said Mama Bha while assisting her daughter to bed.

"Thanks, Ma. What's for lunch po pala? The therapy got me hungry." asked Bang.

"Padeliver na lang tayo. I came here early for your therapy. Hindi na ako nakaluto."

"Ma, I wasn't able to eat good food since I got into coma. Paggising ko naman soft food lang lagi. Ngayon na I'm a bit okay na, pwede bang magpalambing ng luto mo po?" Bang said sweetly.

"Alright. Alright. What do you want to eat?"

"Namiss ko po yung Paella niyo. Could you cook that for me please?"

"Sige, anak. It's 10am pa lang naman. I still have time to cook. Teka tawagan ko si Aly para may kasama ka," tanong ni Mama Bha.

"Huwag na po, ma."

"Bang, mas kampante ako kung may kasama ka," pilit ni Mama Bha.

"Ma, I'm awake already. Hindi na ako kailangan bantayan all the time. Besides, ilang oras pa lang nakakauwi si Aly," answered Bang.

"Sige na anak. I'll come back with your Paella. Stay on your bed. Don't exert yourself too much. I'll go now."

"Thanks, ma. Ingat po kayo."

Mama Bha kissed Bang's forehead and left the room. As her mother closed the door, Bang told herself, This is the right time.

She pressed the intercom and after a few seconds, a nurse came to her room.

"Hi, Ms. Bang. Ano pong kailangan niyo? How are you feeling po?" tanong nito.

"I'm actually okay. I just need a favor from you. Is Dr. Lazaro in already?"

"Yes, Ma'am. I saw her entering her office just a few minutes ago," the nurse answered.

"Really? Could you please tell her that I want to see her? Hindi pa ako nakapagpasalamat sa kanya kasi," Bang said.

"Sige po. I'll see what I can do."

"Alright. Salamat," said Bang with a smile.

Mukhang hindi naman nabigo ang nurse. After a few minutes, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," sabi ni Bang. Then the woman she wants to see entered the room.

"Hi. I'm glad you're awake," said Den. Nginitian lang siya ni Bang.

"Bakit mo pala ako pinatawag? May kailangan ka ba?" asked Den.

"Have a seat first," Bang said while pointing at the chair near her. Naupo naman si Den.

"I want to thank you. Salamat kasi my mom told me that you did a good job taking care of me," said Bang.

"You were my responsibility. That's my job. I just want to see you well. Anyway, you're welcome," Den said with a sincere smile.

"Alright. Enough with the pleasantries. How are you and my girlfriend?" asked Bang.

"I haven't seen her since the last time I checked on you," Den answered.

"Talaga? Kamusta naman kayo nung natutulog ako?" tanong pa din ni Bang.

From the tone of Bang's questions, alam na ni Den kung saan papunta ang usapan. Nevertheless, sinagot pa rin niya ang mga tanong nito na parang wala siyang alam.