The Second

"How was it? Kamusta siya?" asked Aly. Kakalabas pa lang ni Den sa operating room.

"Let's just talk later, Aly," said Den.

Den's walking away when Aly grabbed her arm and begged, "Please, Den. Sabihin mo na sa akin. Please."

Mukhang wala ng magawa si Den so she said, "The operation is somewhat successful. The hematoma was removed but she's still in coma."

Napaupo na lang si Aly sa pinakamalapit na bangko.

Den touched her shoulder and said, "We'll bring her back to the ICU. I'll call you kapag pwede mo na siyang makita ulit."

------------------------------

Aly now is inside the ICU, holding Bang's hand.

Den entered the room to check on her patient. She noticed Aly just staring at Bang.

Den was about to leave the room ng magsalita si Aly, "It was supposed to be a happy night."

Okay. Kailangan niya ng kausap. Naisip ni Den. She said, "Im sorry?"

"I was about to propose to her," Aly said still staring at Bang.

Denden just frozed at her place. Tears started to roll down her cheeks. Thankful siya na hindi nakatingin sa kanya si Aly.

"Everything's already set that night. We just have to get to that place, have dinner, then I'll pop the question," continued Aly.

Aly is already crying when she said, "Ang dami kong gustong sabihin sa kanya e. Ang dami kong gustong ipangako."

"I want her to know what my plans are para sa amin. I want her to know kung gaano ko siya kamahal," said Aly.

Hindi na kaya ni Den kaya sinabi niyang, "Hold your thoughts, Aly."

"Bang may hear you right now pero wouldn't it be better if makakasagot siya? Let's wait for her, Aly. She'll wake up and you'll get your chance to tell that to her. Just wait."

Those are the words that came out of Den's mouth. Kahit ang gusto naman niya talagang sabihin ay ito:

Stop Aly. Hindi ako si Bang. I don't need to hear those. Ang sakit na e. Tama na.

Den went out of the room.

-------------------------

"Kamusta si Bang?" asked Dzi. She, Den, and Fille are in a coffee shop near the hospital.

Den heaved a sigh and said, "She's in coma."

"How is Aly coping up?" tanong ni Fille.

"She's devastated, of course. Pero I've talked her out of it. Mukhang determined naman siyang magpakatatag for Bang. Pinasundo ko muna siya kila Ella para makauwi muna," answered Den.

"How about you? How are you, Den?" asked Fille.

"What do you mean?" pabalik na tanong ni Den.

"Alam mo ang ibig kong sabihin."

Nanahimik muna si Den bago sumagot.

"Oh well, I think I'll qualify for the Martyr of the Year Award," Den said with a smirk.

"Fate hasn't favored me lately. Sobrang twisted ng mga nangyayari for me. Nakita ko nga ulit si Aly, nakausap, nayakap, pero all that I could see and hear is her love for Bang."

"And Shiela Pineda, the girl who owns the heart of the person I love, is the girl that I have to take care of simula ngayon."

"Pero don't get me wrong. Kahit kaunti wala akong galit for her. Naaawa nga ako sa kalagayan niya. Kaya naman I'll help them in anyway that I can hanggang makarecover siya. You know me. Duty first before self." said Den.

"Wow. To be fair sayo, you seem so tough now. Hindi man lang naiiyak," Fille said.

"If you only knew what I've been through for the past 48 hours, you'll understand kung bakit di na ko maiyak. Tinalo ko pa mga artista. Mas mahirap magpigil ng iyak kaysa umiyak ng umiyak," paliwanag ni Den.

"Hindi ba aware si Aly na nasasaktan ka na? Kakausapin ko na talaga siya. Napakainsensitive naman niya." Dzi said.

"Dzi, don't. She's been going through a lot now," pakiusap ni Den.

"At ikaw hindi? Nahihirapan ka din ah," inis na sabi ni Dzi.

"Teka. In the first place, bakit hirap ka pa din? You had nine months to move on. Anong nangyari?" asked Fille.

Wala na kong takas dito. I just have to be honest. Den told herself.

"I didn't even try. I never wanted to move on."

"I can't resist watching her kapag naglalaro siya, kapag may guestings siya. I'm so addicted to see her like her old self again."

"Ano ba yan, Lazaro?" said Dzi while massaging her temples.

"I'm sorry, guys. I can't help it. Mahal ko talaga siya. Masaya akong makita siya, kahit from afar lang," said Den apologetically.

"I think you better pull yourself out of this responsibility. Huwag ka na magpaassign kay Bang," said Fille.

"I won't. I want to help Aly get through this," Den insisted.

"Ikaw. Ikaw dapat ang nauntog," sabi ni Dzi.

"Ang laki ng kasalanan ko kay Aly. Dito man lang sana makabawi ako."

"Stop blaming yourself for everything, Den!" Fille said.

"Last na ito. Promise. I'll help her with this, then I'm gone. Kakalimutan ko na siya. Just support me in this," pakiusap ni Den sa mga kaibigan.

"Fine. Fine. I guess you'll get the award," said Dzi.

"Ano yun?" pagtataka ni Den.

"The Martyr of the Year Award" sabay na sabi ni Dzi and Fille.

The three of them just laughed.