Fall and Winter

Alyssa's team has been training for two months already. After training, Bang and her would go out with friends; hanging out, movies, coffee, and sometimes sleepovers.

There are times too that only the two of them would go out. It's undeniable that the two have something special.

On the third month of training, Coach Nes decided to bring the team to Japan for training. In two weeks, the PSL will begin.

Masaya ang team sa Japan. They can develop their skills, at the same time, enjoy the place na walang fans na makakakilala sa kanila.

With these, Bang and Aly became extra clingy. They are now comfortable with each other and they don't worry about fans circulating rumors about them.

They are now in a park, walking hand in hand. At this season, the cherry blossoms are starting to fall off.

"I have always wanted to experience this -- to be rained upon by cherry blossoms," Bang said to Aly.

"It's beautiful. Just like you," Aly said sincerely with a smile.

With Aly's compliment, Bang has gathered enough strength to speak up. She stopped walking and faced Aly, "Ly, what are we?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean! Bakit mo ko laging niyayayang lumabas? Why do we hold hands? Why do we embrace? Tell me. Ano ba tayo? What am I to you?" Bang asked.

"I always want to be with you kasi masaya ako pag kasama kita. I hold your hands because I feel safe whenever I do that and I want you to feel the same. I hug you because everytime I do so, my heart's at ease. Now you tell me kung ano tayo." Aly replied.

Bang couldn't answer. She can't believe what she just heard because if she's going to answer her questions, parehong mga sagot din ang ibibigay niya.

Aly noticed that it seems like Bang isn't going to tell anything. She inhaled heavily and said, "Then let me tell you." She held Bang's face with both of her hands and kissed her.

After a moment, Aly gently seperated her lips to Bang's, she pressed her forehead to Bang's forehead, and said, "I think I have fallen in love with you, Bang."

Bang suddenly hugged Aly. She's crying while saying, "I have always wanted you to say that."

Aly laughed a little and whispered, "I just said it."

Bang faced Aly again, smiled and said, "I heard you the first time. I love you, Ly."

And they kissed again with the cherry blossoms falling on them.

--------------------------

"Hello Nikko. How are you feeling now?" Denden asked an 8-year old patient while touching the kid's forehead and arms. She is now serving a residency at a hospital.

"I'm a bit fine now Dr. Den because I have seen your beautiful face again," said the kid.

"Baka hindi ka na magpagaling because you always want to see me," biro ni Den sa bata. Nangiti lang si Nikko. Den began to get the patient's temperature.

"Mommy look, Alyssa Valdez is playing again," said Nikko's ate while pointing at the tv.

Natigilan si Den. A smile formed on her lips. She's playing again. A happy thought for Denden. She then looked at the tv. Gretchen's video of Aly is playing:

Gretch: "So Phenom, what made you come back?"

Aly: "I just thought that I've been far away from home for too long, so I decided to come back. This is home."

Denden smiled. Oh I missed her smile. I'm so happy na makita ulit iyon kahit sa tv lang. Den told herself.

Her face suddenly changed when a footage of the team's arrival at the airport was shown. Aly could be seen holding Bang's hand.

"Is that Bang Pineda?" asked Nikko's mom.

Bang Pineda? Aly's biggest crush? Den asked herself.

"Opo mom. Girlfriend yan ni Baldo e. I saw Bang's post about them," sagot ng ate ni Nikko.

Girlfriend. The word repeated inside Den's head. Nanghina siya but she still has a job to do. She removed the digital thermometer from Nikko and said, "Mommy, I think okay na po ang anak niyo. But he still has to take some medicines that the nurse would give him later," she said while scribbling on her notes.

"Sige po. Salamat, Dr. Lazaro."

Denden excused herself and rushed to her office. Upon closing the door, she leaned her back to it. She closed her eyes dahil hindi siya makapag-isip ng maayos.

She's happy to know that Aly will be playing again. But her heart's crushed to see her with Bang, the person who Den considered as her only rival to Aly's heart during college.

Gabi na rin naman, so she grabbed her keys and drove home.

--------------------------

Upon arriving, Den immediately rushed to the refrigerator. She drank water from a container. She has to clear her mind.

"Dennise Michelle Lazaro, you're okay. Ang tagal na niyan. You have moved on. Ayos ka na. Masaya ka for her," malakas na sabi ni Den sa sarili niya.

She laughed everything off, then she broke down and told herself, "No. Don't fool yourself. You're not okay. You have never moved on."

She then ran towards her room. She opened a cabinet -- a cabinet that once belonged to Aly. She grabbed Aly's Ateneo jacket and wore it.

She sat on her bed. Her back is leaning on the headboard, her head on her knees, habang umiiyak siya.

"You have no one to blame but yourself, Den! Ang tanga mo! You gave her away," Den said while beating her chest.

"That should be me. Ako dapat ang hawak niya. Hindi si Bang! Hindi kahit na sino!"

Bigla naman siyang napaisip, "But wait. That was you, Den! That was you! And you threw everything away! Sobrang tanga mo! Mahal mo siya pero pinakawalan mo! Tanga! Tanga! Ang tanga ko!" she said while crying and continuing to hurt herself.

Eventually, she got tired so she lied on her side. She felt so much coldness in her heart. Sobrang lamig and she longed for the warmth of Alyssa's embrace. She pulled the jacket even more tightly around herself, but not even it could replicate the warmth that Aly has given her. Denden just cried herself to sleep.